couple questions

How far out can you book excursions via the cruiseline ? I know many people go on their own with private companies, but with this being our first cruise, we are going to book through RCI. We are trying to spred out the cost of the cruise and would like to pay in advance for excursions.

Do you all book/reserve certain shows onboard or before hand on the RCCL website?

I know I have many months to wait before I can do any of these things, but I am a planner and winter in Wisconsin is long. I have to look forward to something :)

You can book your excursions as soon as they "open" for your cruise. You have to keep checking to see if they are available yet. If you book on line, your credit card will be charged immediately. That is a good option of you are looking to spread your expenses out. Also, many excursions are very popular and tend to sell out. Although the cruiseline does keep some slots available for booking on board, if you REALLY want a particular excursion you should consider making a reservation on line. Regarding booking/reserving shows, I've never been on a ship where you had to make a reservation for the show so I can't answer you question about that. The only other thing I've reserved ahead of time is the Mystery Dinner Theater, which usually sells out.

I think you can reserve entertainment on the Oasis and Allure. Not sure about other ships. I also book excursions ahead online, but I can't remember how much time before the cruise you can do that. Maybe if you search the website it will give you a time frame. I want to say 90 days, but since I turned the big 5-0 my mind is useless!

90 days sounds right. I've been cruising the same week for three years and always am able to book my shorexs about 90 days in advance. If you are registered with Royal Carribean online they will often send you an email. Such as, "you can sign up fir shorexs now", or "you can sign up for specialty dining now". Even "you final payment is due now" and "time to print your set sail pass now", as you get closer. And not to worry, tons of people don't do anything till a couple of weeks before sailing or even once they are onboard, so if you are planning ahead you should have no trouble.

Enjoy your first cruise!!

BTW- to get these email reminders you have to go to the website, when you enter your reservation number, it will ask you if you are the " owner" of that reservation( just the first time) then it will be linked to your email and you'll get the reminders, even if you booked by calling in RCI or your TA. If you've already done that- sorry :o just didn't want to leave it unsaid since you are new!

Archived