E730/E731 for TA Crossing

IECalCruiser

We are considering a TA to Europe in 2012. Without the back partition are the wrap around balconies E730/E731 too windy to use on the many sea days?

It could be, especially if it is a chilly time of year (which most TA are). Of course, it would depend which way the wind was hitting the ship. I would guess it would be pretty windy though. We have had those cabins many times but mostly in the southern Caribbean (once in Europe). We have not had any significant wind for those cruises.

Janet

If your itinerary were FLL to Barcelona, I'd say go for it. But in May, once you're about half-way to Copenhagen, it will most likely be quite chilly, even with wind protection. The water temps will be very cold. You should be fine for the first few days of the T/A; iffy thereafter. I had a mini on my T/A last September and even though the weather was lousy, rainy and chilly, I was glad I had the mini. If you're going to have a mini, it might as well be E731. :) I'd stay away from E730 as that's directly above the bandstand and speakers below, and you might experience noise.

Archived