Parking In Port Canaveral

timotht73

Thanks, this is very helpful info. We live about 45 minutes from the port and were wondering whether to pay $15 per day to park our car or see if we could find someone to drive us over. I think we'll give Park n Cruise a try.

If you reserve online you get a 10% off coupon (hey, every little bit helps!)

Thanks, this is very helpful info. We live about 45 minutes from the port and were wondering whether to pay $15 per day to park our car or see if we could find someone to drive us over. I think we'll give Park n Cruise a try.

Its a hit. Lots of cars on the lot!

Thanks for all the great info on the parking. I wonder if they only have one shuttle bus or if they have more. I wonder what the wait time after your get off the ship is. I think its sure gonna be busy thats a big difference in price.

Thanks for all the great info on the parking. I wonder if they only have one shuttle bus or if they have more. I wonder what the wait time after your get off the ship is. I think its sure gonna be busy thats a big difference in price.

They have 2, plus they also contract with at least 1 more, the wait time wasn't that bad after we got off the ship. While we weren't the first to get picked up, we were far from the last. (I think it was about 15 minutes or so)

I've only stayed at Radisson at the Port for parking. Didn't really need the hotel stay, although it's a nice property with a great pool. My experience was fine, but the shuttles were a little crowded. For anyone who has used both Radisson at the Port and this new off-site parking facility, how did the experiences compare? I'm fine parking further away if there are less crowds trying to board the shuttles. Depending on how new it is, maybe it will take a while to catch on.

My guess is that Radisson at the Port parking shuttles will now be more busy / packed than ever now that they're offering for-pay parking. Is it going to turn into a nightmare? Again, I thought it was fine when I was there a few years ago. But it may not be now if they're increasing their volume of parking.

Have they added more shuttles? Hope so. If not, I will likely give it a miss and try the new off-site facility. It's about time competition appeared. $15 a day for long-term cruise parking is outrageous in my opinion. Of course I am spoiled with $6/day Park and Ride lots at RDU.

Also, where does the park cruise dot com shuttle drop you off? I don't have much luggage--just two carry ons that will fit in the scanner. I would like to avoid the whole porter scene. Sorry, but I still feel it's inappropriate (as well as creepy and intimidating) to get hit up for tips when there are signs saying the guys are salaried. Sounds like the whole thing is unresolved. Not sure if it's a few bad apples or the whole tree. But whatever it is, I want to sidestep it completely--one of the joys of packing light. I also carry my own luggage off ship as well. Wouldn't go any other way.

• 1 month later...

We parked here for our May 1st cruise on Freedom and it went great. Parked our car quick and hopped on the shuttle which only took a few minutes. When we got back to FL the shuttle was waiting on us and we got in and took us to our car. Very simple and saved us quite a bit of money

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll be cruising in August and driving over from the Orlando area. I just got off the phone with these folks. They have a fenced lot with security cameras and 2 shuttle buses that run continuously.

$4.99 versus $15.00 for Port parking. I think it's worth a try!:)

we used park & cruise last week for our carnival dream cruise. i highly recommend them. using them is easier than parking there at the port and most likely about the same time. very simple & very organized. they handle all your luggage & even pulled up to our car & handed our the bags to us right at the back of our car. now that's service! and half price!

I called the Radisson about parking for our 8/28 Freedom cruise, and they told me i'd have a reservation on the 12 noon shuttle. I asked if we could get an earlier shuttle, they said , no. We usually like to be onboard well before noon. i think i'll stick to port parking

Thank you for the link. We will be using the Park N Cruise on our Monarch cruise. I like the idea that the shuttles are less crowded than the Radisson shuttles. ;)

I called the Radisson about parking for our 8/28 Freedom cruise, and they told me i'd have a reservation on the 12 noon shuttle. I asked if we could get an earlier shuttle, they said , no. We usually like to be onboard well before noon. i think i'll stick to port parking

just make a reservation with park & cruise & print out the 10% coupon. There's no time you have to show up, just show up anytime. We drove up & into the little building, they helped get our bags out, I paid & then went and parked. By the time I parked my family was waiting on me in the little bus. All total maybe 10 mins from the time we drove up before we drove off to the ship and its only a 5 min or less ride to ship.

Easy!

• 1 month later...

Looks like we'll be using Park N Cruise for our Oct 1st sailing on the Dream. Unless someone can make a better argument for paying for parking at Radisson. Lovely hotel--thoroughly enjoyed staying there and would do so again if we needed a place to stay. Sounds like a lot less hassle to use Park N Cruise if you don't also need a hotel room.

Looks like we'll be using Park N Cruise for our Oct 1st sailing on the Dream. Unless someone can make a better argument for paying for parking at Radisson. Lovely hotel--thoroughly enjoyed staying there and would do so again if we needed a place to stay. Sounds like a lot less hassle to use Park N Cruise if you don't also need a hotel room.

Not to mention its on your way in.

Seems there's no longer a 10% coupon offered when you reserve online. Any coupons offered elsewhere for this facility?

Where Park N Ride drops you off, is it possible to bypass the porters? We bring only carry-on luggage (easily fits through scanners) and prefer to carry it on ourselves. Had some bad experiences with aggressive Port Canaveral porters asking for "donations." I'm a good tipper generally but that's super creepy (huge signs saying not to tip them as they are salaried). So we'd like to avoid them on principle. Which direction would I turn when getting off the shuttle?

We also carry our own luggage off the ship. At least on RCL this means we're one of the first groups off the ship on debarkation day. Love traveling light. Many perks. Especially these days with air travel. Carry-on only = easy to go standby in case of any flight fiascos.

• 2 weeks later...

I just used them this past week and wasn't terribly impressed. You pull into a drive through metal building and unload your luggage in the shade, pay with a credit card and drive on through to park in a gravel lot. There was a kid directing the parking who insisted that I park so close to the next car, there is no way anyone was going to get in that car until I moved. :mad: Luckily he had put me in the wrong row, and an older guy had me move to a different row and allowed plenty of room to get in and out without door dings.

The real rub came once we were on the shuttle bus and the wife handed me the credit card receipt. I had been quoted $6.99/day plus 6% tax. My math said the charge should have been $51.87. The receipt was for $59.28.:confused: I inquired after I got back and was told that they charge for 8 days - Saturday to Saturday. I was there for about 20 minutes shy of 7 full days.:cool:

Sure, $60 is less than parking at the port, but I have never parked ANYWHERE and been gouged for an extra day. They lost a potential repeat customer due to their 14% creative accounting. Most of the hotels in the area have deals to rent a room and leave your car with them for the week for the same price or better than Parkcruise.com :( SHOP AROUND!

Archived