Parking In Port Canaveral

timotht73

Thanks for posting your review. Sounds like you shouldn't have been charged if you were 20 minutes *short* of approaching a new day. But then I don't know their terms and conditions.

At the RDU airport Park and Ride, I always find myself having to pay for a full day even if it's 20 minutes *after* a new day has begun. But at $6 a day, it's one of the cheapest parking bargains I've ever seen at any airport, anywhere. DCA's "economy" lot is something like $12 a day.

So you're saying you were robbed? If so, did you save the receipt? Why not write to the company and ask? Then if you don't get a response, join their Facebook page and post a message. You may get a very quick response then.

Are you saying they violated their own terms and conditions? Or that their terms and conditions are strange? Or that someone messed up?

It's still so much cheaper than parking at the port that this doesn't phase me. Sorry a kid had you parking too close to other cars. That could happen anywhere.

I just used them this past week and wasn't terribly impressed. You pull into a drive through metal building and unload your luggage in the shade, pay with a credit card and drive on through to park in a gravel lot. There was a kid directing the parking who insisted that I park so close to the next car, there is no way anyone was going to get in that car until I moved. :mad: Luckily he had put me in the wrong row, and an older guy had me move to a different row and allowed plenty of room to get in and out without door dings.

The real rub came once we were on the shuttle bus and the wife handed me the credit card receipt. I had been quoted $6.99/day plus 6% tax. My math said the charge should have been $51.87. The receipt was for $59.28.:confused: I inquired after I got back and was told that they charge for 8 days - Saturday to Saturday. I was there for about 20 minutes shy of 7 full days.:cool:

Sure, $60 is less than parking at the port, but I have never parked ANYWHERE and been gouged for an extra day. They lost a potential repeat customer due to their 14% creative accounting. Most of the hotels in the area have deals to rent a room and leave your car with them for the week for the same price or better than Parkcruise.com :( SHOP AROUND!

I just used them this past week and wasn't terribly impressed. You pull into a drive through metal building and unload your luggage in the shade, pay with a credit card and drive on through to park in a gravel lot. There was a kid directing the parking who insisted that I park so close to the next car, there is no way anyone was going to get in that car until I moved. :mad: Luckily he had put me in the wrong row, and an older guy had me move to a different row and allowed plenty of room to get in and out without door dings.

The real rub came once we were on the shuttle bus and the wife handed me the credit card receipt. I had been quoted $6.99/day plus 6% tax. My math said the charge should have been $51.87. The receipt was for $59.28.:confused: I inquired after I got back and was told that they charge for 8 days - Saturday to Saturday. I was there for about 20 minutes shy of 7 full days.:cool:

Sure, $60 is less than parking at the port, but I have never parked ANYWHERE and been gouged for an extra day. They lost a potential repeat customer due to their 14% creative accounting. Most of the hotels in the area have deals to rent a room and leave your car with them for the week for the same price or better than Parkcruise.com :( SHOP AROUND!

Hello Bob,

I called Park and Cruise for I wanted an answer before I posted - I spoke to George who is one of the GM's and he explained to me the pricing so here goes

Each customer is charged from the first day the vehicle is parked until the day it is picked up regardless of the time. These prices were established from the first day of opening - it has to be taken into consideration that they do shuttling to and from the ships at no cost also help with unloading and loading of baggages - when you put it all together, the cost is still within reason.

Hope this helps and if you have any questions, you are most welcomed to write at info@parkcruise.com and someone will get back to you

We used their parking service the last week of August, and we will do so again should we sail from there in the future. Yes, they did charge the full 8 days; however, we consider the pricing reasonable compared to other options. They did not seem to expect a tip, as the young shuttle driver seemed surprised when I gave him at one as we usually do. I think not all the van passengers did so.

Is the port the only place that has covered parking?

Also, we like to be one of the first off of the ship to beat the crowds and head on home. How early do these shuttles run on debarkation day and do they wait until there's a full shuttle before leaving?

Thank you in advance!

Just got off the phone with a George fellow. Seemed very rushed - keep saying use the website etc etc. But I persisted and did get the info I needed - which was do they run more than 1 shuttle for when you come in. This is a fabulous site (cruise critic) and I learn more every time I get on!! Thanks! ANything is better than paying $15 per day just to park the car! Had used one of these when we flew out of Orlando too for 7 days - they are pretty organized.

• 4 weeks later...
Their website is no longer there. Hmmmm?????

All it does is take a little searching - Park-N-Cruise will be around for awhile since the port decided to go up on the prices a dollar a day - anyhow here is their website if you need it or would like it for your own info.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!

http://parkcruise.com/

• 6 months later...

We used a different parking lot, called Executive Parking Port Canaveral on the 27th of April when we went on the Royal Caribbean Monarch Of The Seas. We booked online with them and they are running a 20% discount for online bookings. Parking facility was excellent cameras everywhere, gravelled lot and barbed wire fencing, stadium floodlights too by what i could see. First time we used an offsite parking lot out of Port Canaveral, they was reccomended to us by a friend who had used them and will definatly use them again.

Archived