Need advice on Noordam interior staterooms?

Bixa525

We are going to be cruising in November of this year and are fine with staying in an interior stateroom. Can anyone give me any ideas for a room which would be a good location for less noise and also would be less likely to cause sea sickness? We haven't booked yet.

Hello Bixa525,

We also usually book an inside cabin. We do not spend much time in our room since we prefer to take advantage of the open areas on the ship. Besides, we would rather save our money for excursions or other expenses. We also have a very restless 4 year old child - so we do not want a balcony room.

For reducing the sea sickness possibilities, try to stay as low as possible and as much to the center of the ship as you can. For the Noordam, some of the best (and largest at about 200 sq ft) interior cabins are located in the MAIN DECK. However, this deck also has the atrium in the center of the ship. Consequently, I would stay a bit away from the atrium possibly in cabins J1024, J1028, J1925, j1931, or J1037. The only possible downside to these cabins is that they are right under the music lounges, which could keep you up at night.

Another set of great inside cabins is located on the UPPER VERANDAH DECK in the I category (I6081, I6075, I6071, etc). Those are also the largest cabins and located right in the middle of the ship. This is a residential deck. They are in a great location because there nothing but cabins both above and below you. So, there is not much noise around, unless you get some crazy neighbors. These are the ones we just booked for our trip next year.

Enjoy your vacation.

Archived