Need advice on Noordam interior staterooms?

Bixa525

The J cabins on the Main Deck are more spacious than any of the other interiors. being mid ship and on a lower deck they should be good for avoiding seasickness. Just look at the deck plans and avoid the cabins under the Northern Lights which has music and dancing late at night. My kids were in J1068 on the Eurodam (very similar layout) and that room was very quiet. I am guessing the ones closer to the mid ship elevators would be quieter (1060's) than the 1040's which appear to be under the Northern Lights.

Diane

I was in 1068 just 3 weeks ago and did not find it quiet at all!!!! It is located under the Queen's lounge and they have live bands and karaoke until midnight on a couple of nights during the cruise. It depends if you go to bed early or not. If you don't go to bed before midnight, you will be okay but if you are like me, you will find it unbearable!!! You just don't hear the music, you have the vibration from the bass to go with it! I would not book again a stateroom under a lounge or bar.

I was in 1068 just 3 weeks ago and did not find it quiet at all!!!! It is located under the Queen's lounge and they have live bands and karaoke until midnight on a couple of nights during the cruise. It depends if you go to bed early or not. If you don't go to bed before midnight, you will be okay but if you are like me, you will find it unbearable!!! You just don't hear the music, you have the vibration from the bass to go with it! I would not book again a stateroom under a lounge or bar.

I think everyone on our cruise last May (Mediterranean) went to bed quite early. I know our kids slept really well. Maybe the difference was in the itinerary. :) Maybe 1073, the most forward of the J cabins, would be far enough away in that case.

Diane

Archived