First Cruise Ever - Solstice March 13-20 - What I didn't read anywhere else

MiaS13

I was also on the Solstice for my first ever cruise, and agree totally with the OP. Live music dotted around was brilliant, I particularly liked Jana Seale who played most days and I myself listening to her in Oceanview or the Ensemble Lounge on several occasions.

Loved the ice towel thing they provided, especially coming back to the boat from St Maarten as it was a really hot day.

Staff were brilliant to us all week, including the Captain who we happened to share an elevator with one evening, he was very friendly and actually held doors open and operated the controls for everyone until he reached his floor.

Food was amazing all week, and I often had 5 or 6 courses at dinner just because I could. Only downside to the week was having to make an extra hole in my belt!

I'll write a proper review of my own soon, just a bit exhausted right now.

We will be on Solstice on June 7 in the Med. We have listened to Jana twice on the NCL Star and love her so much that we chose this ship because she is on it. We had already decided on Europe and needed help with the final choice. I could listen to Jana every night!

Where are we going next summer, Jana?

Great revue thank you! We cruise the Caribbean alot and find the people to be very friendly. Please remember that just because they are poor does not mean they are criminals and you are unsafe. Just talk to these people and you will be pleasantly surprised. In Samana the poorest of people seem to be the nicest and happiest we have met. Hope you enjoy many more cruises!!! Jill

Archived