Elation Refund

2bfirsttime

Just wondering if anyone that was booked on the Elation out of Mobile on one of the trips that were cancelled has recieved their refund yet?

We already booked another cruise to replace it, however I have not recieved the credit back to my card yet from the one that cancelled. I thought maybe they had applied it to the new booking, but that have not. I have found another cruise and would love to use that refund to pay the down payment on it :D

They told me when I called them as soon as I discovered it was cancelled that the money would be back on my card in 7-10 days. Its been 10 days today. I am going to give this until Wednesday, then if its not back on my card by then I will give them a call. Was just wondering if anyone else had recieved theirs yet.

I was NOT going to book carnival again but DH asked me to please do so as he likes carnival. It wasnt actually them cancelling the trip that put me off, it was the way they dealt with it. All I ever recieved was a email stating my booking was cancelled. I looked at our profile online and it was gone. They CLAIM they sent out a email stating the reason why it was cancelled and offering some OBC, I DID NOT get that email. When I asked the to please resend that email they refused. They offered to book me again, I asked if my deposit I had on the trip that cencelled would apply to my new booking, she said NO, that money would be refunded to my card. So I asked her how I was supposed to book another trip if they were holding my money? She say's "I didnt think about that" DUHH

Even though I DID book another trip that very day everything went down, it was just the prinicipal of the matter, my money should have been put on the next booking, not carnival holding my money interest free for 7-10 days.

I had my October Destiny cruise cancelled due to the boat being chartered and they were able to transfer my deposit over to my new booking and then back again when the charter fell through on the original booking and I switched back. I'm not sure who you are talking to. You should get yourself a PVP if you don't have one to handle this. Thats who handled mine. My other question would be...where is my OBC since that was in the email you never got? Hopefully they'll give you something for your inconvenience.

Even though I DID book another trip that very day everything went down, it was just the prinicipal of the matter, my money should have been put on the next booking, not carnival holding my money interest free for 7-10 days.

Sounds like a terrible booking agent, not Carnival per se to me.

You dont know Carnival is holding your money, usually the hold up is your own bank (from someone who worked for Amex). Thats why I suggested you find out if it has been processed, so you would know if its your bank or Carnival where the hold up is.

As far as the agent not knowing how tight your personal finances are so you couldnt book again without the other money, they dont know... but I sure would follow up and find where the refund is. It could be held up. I had that happen once with Carnival and it just took getting it released.

Sounds like a terrible booking agent, not Carnival per se to me.

You dont know Carnival is holding your money, usually the hold up is your own bank (from someone who worked for Amex). Thats why I suggested you find out if it has been processed, so you would know if its your bank or Carnival where the hold up is.

As far as the agent not knowing how tight your personal finances are so you couldnt book again without the other money, they dont know... but I sure would follow up and find where the refund is. It could be held up. I had that happen once with Carnival and it just took getting it released.

I just couldnt stand it, I had to call. Carnival JUST processed the refund yesterday, so I will see it in my bank in a couple of days I am sure. So they DID hold my money for over a week before processing the refund. I was worried because we had a problem with our card a few months back. It was a TOTAL nightmare.

We had stopped at a gas station and there was a storm. We made a purchase for $40 something dollars, when she ran the card we signed the slip and went on. A few hours down the road we stopped and were making another purchase and our card would not process. I got online and checked our account, apparently the storm caused the machine to do something strange and every two minutes it would charge our card the $40 something dollars, it did this until it took ALL available funds off our card. It took many phone calls and 4 days to get our money put back. They kept saying it wasnt a charge, but a hold, yet still a hold still works against you. Ever sense then I get really leary at a hold or a refund and even a charge on my card. So you can see why I am bothered by this. When you know you have plenty of money in your account and can not get to it, it makes you sick to your stomach. It all ended well, but there for a couple of days we were just sick over it and did not know if we were going to get our money back or not.

Im glad you called... now you know its just a matter of the bank processing it.

I am too. And knowing my bank I will see it in the later part of the week :D I have been holding back booking with Carnival in fear we would never see that money again. So now I am off to book the two we have picked out!

Archived