Beach Entry Snorkeling Trips

slmwo

I'm looking for a beach entry snorkeling trip for my family in St. Thomas/St. John or St. Maarten. We have some beginners/kids so want to make sure they are comfortable. I've searched the boards but everything i've found is outdated. Thanks for any suggestions! :D

I'm looking for a beach entry snorkeling trip for my family in St. Thomas/St. John or St. Maarten. We have some beginners/kids so want to make sure they are comfortable. I've searched the boards but everything i've found is outdated. Thanks for any suggestions! :D

Try Secret Harbour, or Sapphire beach. Alot of people go with there kids to Coki, but, i found it had a quick drop off and an undertow, current that quickly set u off course.

a nice gradual entry beach near port is Brewers Bay. there are no facilities and just 1 food truck. But the kids might enjoy shell hunting. It was easy to snorkel here but not as much to see. some fish, star fish etc.

It is illegal to remove shells or sand or any other sea item from any of the beaches in the US Virgin Islands. The ecological system cannot sustain removal of these natural items that are needed to maintain the environment. You can take all the seaglass you find, however!

Brewer's Beach is kind of off the usual tourist route, mainly because there aren't facilities. That beach, however, is known to have sea turtles from time to time, because I think it has a grassy bottom for them to feed on. You also see the planes landing and taking off from the airport.

I've been to Coki Beach twice, the first time with my kids. They were first time snorkellers and this is a great place to learn. When we were there, the water was smooth and calm, no problem with an undertow or currents. I guess the conditions can vary, but I've had good luck there.

Archived