Anyone on Azura A116 ?

bee-ess

Now on wait list for the Butlers tour as the small bus is fully booked :( so heres hoping they find space to squeeze us on or put on a larger one :)

Hello Cracklin Rose,

Just noticed on Butlers website, they have just released more seats, not sure if it's another bus or just a bigger one.

So book it while you can.

Regards.

Ann.

I see that P&O are now officially stating that Ringaskiddy is the port for Cork on their website and in the Cruise Personalisers for A116. At the moment all the tours for Cobh have been removed and any pre-bookings removed from Cruise Personalisers. If anyone has booked any tours for Cobh they need to check in a few days to see if the same tours are being run for Ringaskiddy.

(Perhaps P&O should have listened to the people posting on here !! )

Also I see that for Brest the Coastal Walk and Cruise tour has been cancelled - again if anyone had that booked need to book something else.

Hi everyone. We are sailing on the Azura on cruise A116 and would love to join the tour in Cork. I have e mailed Mr Butler and asked to join and waiting a reply. There are two of us hubby and myself. Looking forward to meeting everone

Best wishes

• 2 weeks later...
Well Done everyone - just shows the power of the forum we now have an extra bus as well.

Not long now, all we need now is some good weather !!

I second that.

My son and myself are now looking forward to the cruise as the date gets closer. Only problem for us is that we have to fly into Southampton airport a couple of days before from our home here in Mallorca but I'm very aware that's a tiny price to pay for living in such a wonderful Island.

We have done one very enjoyable cruise before on the Thompson Destiny and it was both satisfying and strange to get the bus into Palma and then onto the boat without having to fly so it works both ways for us!

We hope you all have a wonderful holiday and we will see those that contributed to this thread on the coach.

Looking forward to the cruise and started to pack.We are from Yorkshire so we are having a few days down south before we board the ship.

Weather seems to be improving so I hope it will stay nice. Butler tours sent us an e-mail with all the details of the tour. It sounds like a good day out.

Looking forward to saying hello to everyone. Best wishes

Hi

have just booked on this bus tour! really looking forward to cruise now-trips now sorted for all 4 port visits :)

Hazel

Hello Miss Nutty,

I am interested to know what the other trips that you have booked are, as DH and I cannot agree which ones to take :eek: (other than the Butler tour of course)?

Regards

Charabanc

hello

we decided to go with P&O on their Quimper visit/guide and at Bilbao, again with P&O the tour of Bilbao and visit to the Guggienheim- we know it is more expensive than DIY but dont trust ourselves to actually get off the ship and do something constructive! Dublin, we have booked directly with Viking Dublin tours- P&O also do this one but much cheaper to book direct-looks like fun and hopefully our son will enjoy it- been to Dublin before so comfortable making our own way about and no language barriers!!

really cant wait now- we set off on the Thursday as traveling down from Glasgow:)

Hazel

Hello Miss Nutty,

I am interested to know what the other trips that you have booked are, as DH and I cannot agree which ones to take :eek: (other than the Butler tour of course)?

Regards

Charabanc

We are on the same cruise and are doing the following :-

Brest - P&O Coach to Quimper, no easy public transport to Quimper

Bilbao - Free P&O Shuttle into town for DIY look around, we have Maps and it looks easy

Cork - Butlers Trip

Dublin - Free P&O Shuttle into town for DIY look around, might do HOHO bus.

We don't usually do Tours from the ship, but want to go to Quimper and the public transport options are not good.

We are on the same cruise and are doing the following :-

Brest - P&O Coach to Quimper, no easy public transport to Quimper

Bilbao - Free P&O Shuttle into town for DIY look around, we have Maps and it looks easy

Cork - Butlers Trip

Dublin - Free P&O Shuttle into town for DIY look around, might do HOHO bus.

We don't usually do Tours from the ship, but want to go to Quimper and the public transport options are not good.

Hello,

I have been looking at the Dublin Viking Tour. It is considerably cheaper to book online, but I am not sure what time the free P&O shuttle will run and how frequent, nor do I know where they drop off in Dublin itself.:confused:

Does anyone know the answers?

Many thanks.

Charabanc

Hello,

I have been looking at the Dublin Viking Tour. It is considerably cheaper to book online, but I am not sure what time the free P&O shuttle will run and how frequent, nor do I know where they drop off in Dublin itself.:confused:

Does anyone know the answers?

Many thanks.

Charabanc

See post #27 in this thread for Shuttle Info/Drop Offs for all ports

We use Shuttles because they are a free way into town and are very frequent - usually about every 15-20 mins, depending on how far they have to go to drop off. The Dublin one drops in Kildare St. which is near to Trinity College and Grafton St.

Not long to go now!

We are planning:

Brest - an easy day - we have been to Quimper on a couple of occasions so decided to give it a miss - lovely little town, very atmospheric. May wander into Brest or to the aquarium if weather is poor. Probably try to find a creperie!

Bilbao - will get the shuttle in and have a look at the Guggenheim - don't think we'll go in. General opinion seems to be unless you are really into modern art it is the building and area aroud it that is of interest.( again unless the weather is bad). Then hoping we can find our way to the funicular de Artxanda for a view of Bilbao and then possibly a wander round casco Viejo

Cork - bus tour of course - look forward to meeting everyone!

Dublin - shuttle again then probably HOHO - possibly visit to Kilmainham Jail - been reading some Irish history so thought this would be a good place to visit. having said that, daughter may insist on some serious shopping.

We are also travelling to Southampton on the Thursday and have tickets to go and see Grease at the theatre to get us in the holiday mood.

Not long to go now!

Bilbao - will get the shuttle in and have a look at the Guggenheim - don't think we'll go in. General opinion seems to be unless you are really into modern art it is the building and area aroud it that is of interest.( again unless the weather is bad). Then hoping we can find our way to the funicular de Artxanda for a view of Bilbao and then possibly a wander round casco Viejo

Snap - our day exactly

Hi all

can't wait, only 4 more days before sailing, myself the wife and my 12 year old daughter are all packed and rearring to go.

We haven't booked any tours this cruise, this will be are third time in both Brest and Bilbio in 2 years on cruises also we live in Northern Ireland, so know Dublin well.

My question is are we going to have a CC meet onboard Azura?

michael mac

Archived