GSC: Do Lifejackets Count As "Snorkel Vests"?

Ok, this probably sounds like a dumb question (but what the heck): at GSC they make you wear a snorkel vest while snorkelling. Does a full-blown life jacket fit the bill? My wife isn't 100% comfortable in deeper water (i.e: past the waist) and is planning on bringing a life jacket. They wouldn't possibly make her take it off and rent a vest instead, would they?

Thanks!

Dumb question.... what's a snorkel vest. What's the difference between a snorkel vest and a life jacket?

Snorkel vests are those little yellow life jacket things that you inflate with a built-in straw-like apparatus that serves as a life jacket. But IMHO the full blown life jacket would be way more reliable, especially if the snorkel jacket deflated in deep waters. Which BTW has happened to me before in Cabo. Fortunately I was a strong swimmer.

Pszaffveauhraunne I don't blame your wife for wanting a regular life jacket. I would wonder why they wouldn't allow you to have your own, other that the fact they want the few bucks to rent theirs.

Archived