aft unobstructed balcony vs midship obstructed

alexney

We are planning our next carnival cruise. DH definitely wants a balcony this time. We were inside on our first (and only) cruise. My question is this... what would be better an aft unobstructed balcony or a midship obstructed view balcony? The cost difference is minimal, so that's not really a proble. I'm more concerned about being aft versus midship. Will we feel the movement more?

We had an aft balcony cabin and loved it. You get like a 180 degree view. Also the balcony space is bigger on the aft because of the contruction of the ship. Very nice. I would definately take this view before an obstructed view.

Are you talking about an actual aft balcony that sits on the back of the ship and faces the wake, or just a balcony in the aft section of the ship? I find it hard to believe that an aft balcony is close in price to an obstructed balcony:confused: The obstructed balconies are the cheapest and the obstruction is the lifeboats which come up to floor level of your balcony (if you get past the 1st 3 lifeboats which are a little taller). They are generally a good value because of this.

That being said, we prefer to get cabins in the aft section of the ship (just where we like to be), and we've never felt much movement (at least not compared to other areas on the ship).

I'm thinking OP is talking about a balcony in the aft "portion" of the ship, not an actual rear-end see the wake aft. If that's the case, def do aft balcony! We are now hooked on that section of the ship. I don't notice any more or less movement and best of all, there is minimal activity outside your door in the hallways.

Choose aft... Just a tip, Check out the deck plan of the ship before you choose your room to see what will be under you, from experience you "may" not want to be over a club. We only heard the music late one night on a 7 day but it's something we check now before be book.... (FYI..We would still book Aft even if we could only get over a club.... we love the view)

Archived