Restaurants - FLL Airport Hilton

Snowedinvt

Went through lastminutetravel.com and got the FLL Airport Hilton for $57 for one night pre-cruise (2/4/12). After reading reviews, it is clearly in an isolated area. No biggie since we fly into FLL at 4:15pm and will really only want to go somewhere for dinner. Even though in writing, places like the Rustic Inn and Bass Pro Shop are in walking distance, sounds like it is not a safe walk. I have no problem taking a cab but not having been to Fort Lauderdale, I want to know if we are being charged fairly. Sounds like FLL cabs are reasonable but we had a bad experience in Miami one time so I'm always on edge when it comes to different cities. Any local input is appreciated...thanks!

Not much to worry about in that area. IIIRC, the airport hilton is NE of Griffin and I-95?Traffic will not be an issue there. You just have to get off the airport frontage road, then west on Griffin. One light at the I-95 intersection. The next light is Anglers Ave. Head north for the Rustic Inn, south to the Bass Pro Shop, Islamorada Fish Company, etc. The distances are quite short.

It is probably about $4 to those places, as there is a starting fee and then the mileage rate. If you want to just relax there is a restaurant at the hotel. There is also a restaurant in the Sheraton across the street. If you do venture out, Rustic Inn is more fun than Islamorada Fish.

Thanks for the info. We won't have a car and don't mind the walk but I think I recall reading one of your posts, Royal Cruz ,which indicated that this area lacks sidewalks. Cabs are cheap enough I think we will check out the Rustic Inn :)

Thanks for the info. We won't have a car and don't mind the walk but I think I recall reading one of your posts, Royal Cruz ,which indicated that this area lacks sidewalks. Cabs are cheap enough I think we will check out the Rustic Inn :)

I can't remember if there are sidewalks or not, but it is not an area that lends itself to pedestrians. If it is light out when you go to dinner, maybe you will feel comfortable walking it one way. I haven't been there in a while, but I have coordinated several great professional events at this hotel. The pool looks nice.

Archived