Singapore Chili Crab

tjandluke

Who knows a good place in Singapore to have Chili Crab? Looking for something casual, relaxed, hawker style is fine, does not have to be upmarket or fine dining. Just quality food, where we can relax with good food and a wine/ beer (for me not the 6 year old). Don't mind eating outdoors just want to give him a taste of real Singapore food!

Been showing my son pictures of me in Singapore about 15 years ago eating Chili Crab- now he wants to try it. But I know where we went to a few times is not there anymore. My son likes hot food so the chili is not a problem- besides from memory it was not that hot anyway.

Any recommendations are more than welcome. Somewhere reasonably central and easy to get to would be good with a busy, fun atmosphere.

Boat and Clark Quays are for tourists (:rolleyes:), best seen from a bumboat.

Either try one of the markets i.e. Bugis Street.

Or my favourite, right next to the Cruise Terminal is Viivo City (largest shopping mall in Singapore) , on the roof (gardens) there are many hawker stalls with some great food and views of Singapore and Sentosda Island.

Ron

6048620101214171038.jpg

Australien%20200_.jpg

I have been to the top of Vivo a few times before but have never noticed the food places. We get as far as the play area for kids and have never gone further than the paddling pool. Will make sure to check it out.

Also have done Clarke Quay from a bumboat and walked. Also stayed right there- location was great as it was right at the station. Found mostly western restaurants not quite the authentic food experience that I am looking for.

Don't think I have done Boat Quay.

Went to Bugis street last year but did not actually eat there. Walked the market type stalls.

Archived