NCL POA B6 Large Balcony vs. Regular Balcony

flipflops84

Hello everyone! We are thinking of taking the POA as part of our honeymoon in May 2012 and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the different balconys the ship offers. :)

I understand that the B6 "large balcony" is obviously bigger than the rest, but I was wondering if people who cruised in a B6 thought it was worth the extra cost or that big of a deal. We have always cruised with regular sized balconys and never had a problem, but then again I have never been on NCL. As this will be our honeymoon I don't want to miss out on something if the consensus is that the larger balcony is really amazing and something that you should go for if you can afford it. The difference in price is only about $250.

So- if you have been on a B6 or a regular balcony, how was it? Was the B6 really great or just ok? Did the regular balcony feel too small or just right? I'd love to hear some input!

Also, does anyone know where I can find pics of the difference? Thanks everyone!!! :)

No idea about the size of the balconies, just wanted to say congratulations on your upcoming wedding and that you can't wrong with this as a honeymoon choice! DH and I took our honeymoon on the POA back in 2009 and had the time of our lives. Enjoy :)

One thing I can say regarding balconies for this cruise...it is a very port intensive itinerary so if you are planning on being out and seeing the islands, you will probably not be spending much time in your cabin during the day. Just something consider before spending all that money on a balcony you may not get too much use out of. Then again, it is your honeymoon so...;)

Hello and Congrats!

We had the extra large balcony, we used our balcony everyday but after returning from our trip we really didn't feel the extra size was needed.

There is room for two chairs and a table and one lounge chair.

We sat out there everynight for a night cap and for the cruise by of volcanos and Napli coast but never really needed the extra space, as the other poster stated you spend very little time on board and most of your time on land!

Hello everyone! We are thinking of taking the POA as part of our honeymoon in May 2012 and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the different balconys the ship offers. :)

I understand that the B6 "large balcony" is obviously bigger than the rest, but I was wondering if people who cruised in a B6 thought it was worth the extra cost or that big of a deal. We have always cruised with regular sized balconys and never had a problem, but then again I have never been on NCL. As this will be our honeymoon I don't want to miss out on something if the consensus is that the larger balcony is really amazing and something that you should go for if you can afford it. The difference in price is only about $250.

So- if you have been on a B6 or a regular balcony, how was it? Was the B6 really great or just ok? Did the regular balcony feel too small or just right? I'd love to hear some input!

Also, does anyone know where I can find pics of the difference? Thanks everyone!!! :)

Hi - Congratulations!

My Dw and I have had the pleasure to have both a large and regular size balony on the POA. I'm not sure what the "B6" is, but we stayed on deck 7 forward where there are some balconies larger than most others. I would say this balcony was one and a half times larger than the one we had aft. It was nice to have the extra room, but I would have to say it's not worth spenting extra money for it. However, if you do want to with the larger balcony, I would avoid deck 7 and go up a deck. The Mardi Gras Lounge is just below the deck 7 rooms and you will hear the lounge music.

We always enjoy our balcony and would find it hard to cruise without one.

DT

Thank you so much everyone for the well wishes and the info! I'm glad to hear that the larger balcony isn't that big of a deal- the $250 we will save by going with a regular one will buy us a couple of nice dinners on the islands instead! :D THANK YOU for helping me make an informed decision!!! :)

Archived