Celebrity Summit Sky Suite Question, is it worth it?

Cruizlovers

I'll add our 2 cents. We just got off the Summit mid Dec sailing out of San Juan. We were traveling for business in November and the Tuesday specials came out and they offered a suite guarantee for about $200 more than they were offering a regular balcony. I looked at my calendar and could move just a few items and we could go on this cruise. Even could get a decent airfare so it was meant to be.

I was getting a little concerned because we had not received a cabin assignment one week prior to departure. I read on these boards that sometimes you don't get assigned until you check in at the pier. About 4 days prior to sailing and the day prior to our flight all of a sudden when I looked at manage your reservation there was an assignment - 6146. I didn't know much about it at the time but as a couple of others in this thread have said 6145 and 6146 are the suites to have - really sweet suites:D. These suites are connected to the Penthouse suites so they are decoreated just like the Penthouse. They have a huge bathroom with deep tup and separate huge shower with a double vanity. The deck is nice as well.

We had breakfast with white table cloth each morning on our deck - served by our butler who was great. I'm not sure how much extra I'd pay for a regular sky suite but for 6145 or 6146 I'd pay the $600 extra.

Whatever you decide, enjoy your cruise.

We started booking sky suites when we were cruising with our 2 daughters aboard Century What a difference it made. After turn down at night the entire room looked like one huge bed. My husband and I were in the bed, one daughter on the pull out sofa, and one on a roll-away at the foot of our bed. The larger balcony kept us all sane.

We are sailing on the eastern med cruise leaving May 6th, and again booked a sky suite due to the location on the Reflection. The sky suites are 300 sq ft, and the balcony views are port and aft. My DH is a lounge chair lizard, and is really looking forward to it. We actually refused an Aqua class upgrade to keep our desired cabin.

So long story short, I'm a fan of the sky suite.

Archived