Celebrity Summit Sky Suite Question, is it worth it?

Cruizlovers

We have the chance to upgrade from Concierge class balcony to Sky Suite for a total cost of $782 but it will also increase our obc by $100. My question is: What advantages are in the Sky Suite over Concierge class balcony that I can point out to my DH so I can convince him to go for it? For example, I heard something about free drinks and free dinner in the optional restaurant, I can tell him that would offset the cost? Need your help cc members!! Thanks in advance! (P.S. we've never had a suite, please tell me your experiences!)

The perks are listed on Celebrity's website. The main advantage is a larger stateroom, larger balcony and butler service. Your butler is able to bring free espresso based beverages to your stateroom, but no free alcohol for booking a Sky Suite. Some of the perks overlap between Concierge Class and a Sky Suite (i.e. free bottle of sparkling wine in your stateroom, priority boarding etc.). Sometimes suite guests are offered a free dinner in the specialty restaurant on the first evening of the cruise, but this is not an automatic perk and does not occur on all sailings. The perks will definitely not pay for the price difference (or even come close to doing so); you have to decide if the larger stateroom and balcony and having a butler will be "worth" the extra $682 to you.

I would say definitely, if you can get SS6145 or 6145 with the HUGE bathroom. Having butler service was a wonderful indulgence but the marble bathroom with tub was so luxurious. There are lots of pics of the suite in my signature link.

In my view, sky suites are the most overpriced rooms on the ship for what you get. They are only a bit larger than concierge class rooms. Yes, you get a butler. He actually adds to the cost--you have to tip him in addition to your cabin attendant.

On the Century according to Celebrity website, the Sky Suites are 246 sq ft and balcony is 179 sq ft and the CC cabins are 175 sq and balcony is 42 sq ft. Slight under statement regarding size - 69 sq ft LARGER cabin - that is a small room larger than & the balconies are 137 sq LARGER -

Of course if u look at the cruisedeckplans.com u will find that while the Century CC cabins & balconies are listed the same size, the Sky Suites are listed at ONLY 244 sq ft & balcony at ONLY 142 sq ft compared to 246 & 179 sq ft listed on Celebritys website - of course with those size differences I feel IMO anyway, the Sky Suites especially for 2 or more folks are much better.

WOW - 175 sq ft is only approx 12.25' x 12' while even a 244 sq ft space is 15' x 16'+. I am travelling solo and will take a Sky Suite anyday at least on the Century & also all the free expressos & cappucinos..(the Butlers tip still wldn't cost what my coffees wld have:)

Can't Sky Suites pax also order MDR lunches & dinners in their cabins & aren't the TVs larger also?

Have great cruisin' all! :)

One other thing to consider is how much time you spend in your cabin. If you are one of those folks who basically uses their cabin as a place to shower and sleep and spend most of your time in the lounges, shows, on deck by the pool etc. than I would say keep your money and stay with the concierge class.

If however, you spend a decent amount of time in your stateroom or out relaxing on your balcony then I would say yes, go for the sky suite as the veranda is much larger and the stateroom much more spacious as well.

As to whether the perks of the suite will equal out to the cost difference inbetween the staterooms, most likely not, as the previous poster pointed out, you would also have to tip the butler and the few added perks certainly won't add up to the $600 difference in price.

Either way, I am sure you will have a great time no matter what cabin you choose!:)

On the Century according to Celebrity website, the Sky Suites are 246 sq ft and balcony is 179 sq ft and the CC cabins are 175 sq and balcony is 42 sq ft. Slight under statement regarding size - 69 sq ft LARGER cabin - that is a small room larger than & the balconies are 137 sq LARGER -

Of course if u look at the cruisedeckplans.com u will find that while the Century CC cabins & balconies are listed the same size, the Sky Suites are listed at ONLY 244 sq ft & balcony at ONLY 142 sq ft compared to 246 & 179 sq ft listed on Celebritys website - of course with those size differences I feel IMO anyway, the Sky Suites especially for 2 or more folks are much better.

WOW - 175 sq ft is only approx 12.25' x 12' while even a 244 sq ft space is 15' x 16'+. I am travelling solo and will take a Sky Suite anyday at least on the Century & also all the free expressos & cappucinos..(the Butlers tip still wldn't cost what my coffees wld have:)

Can't Sky Suites pax also order MDR lunches & dinners in their cabins & aren't the TVs larger also?

Have great cruisin' all! :)

The OP is not sailing on the Century. Sailing on the Summit. The CC cabins are larger on the Summit.

We have the chance to upgrade from Concierge class balcony to Sky Suite for a total cost of $782 but it will also increase our obc by $100. My question is: What advantages are in the Sky Suite over Concierge class balcony that I can point out to my DH so I can convince him to go for it? For example, I heard something about free drinks and free dinner in the optional restaurant, I can tell him that would offset the cost? Need your help cc members!! Thanks in advance! (P.S. we've never had a suite, please tell me your experiences!)

More room to be able to escape your wild, kinky, sexual advances.:D

I will be on the Summit in May and just upgraded to a Sky Suite 1 from a CC1, but only paid $90 a person. I watched the rates after final payment and scored well. I have been in CCs many times before and really loved them, but this is our 30th anniversary and I want this cruise to be very special!!!!

The cost differential seems a lot. We were fortunate to have caught a seniors discount (they start at 55 and this cruise was for my DH's 55th bd!) on the Infinity and switched our CC to a Sky Suite for the same price we originally booked our CC for. Best decision we made! Why? (in case the cost is not significant to you in the end)

Cabin, balcony and bathroom are larger. We have been in CC but SS seemed a lot roomier even if some posters suggested they were minor size differences. We love having a balcony so for us it made a difference there too.

The cabin set up was terrific. When you sit up in bed you look straight out to the balcony. Not sure if this the case with all Sky Suite but definitely the one we were in.

Free cappuccinos with our room service breakfasts which had an expanded menu. We actually asked for 2 each in the mornings.

We received one free dinner in the specialty restaurant which did not include drinks.

The bottle of bubbly is pretty bad so we used it to make mimosas. Dont recall any other free drinks.

Our butler was awesome and was well worth the extra tip (although we really didnt ask him to do much more beyond our breakfasts and saw him when we were around for afternoon tea which is also really nice!)

As others said compare the perks listed on the Celebrity site, look at the cabins and decided if the cost is significant. I would go SS again if the cost is right no doubt about it.

The OP is not sailing on the Century. Sailing on the Summit. The CC cabins are larger on the Summit.

for pointing that out.

I wasn't aware of that so looked it up and the Summits CC is 191 sq ft and the Sky Suites are 251 sq ft, a 60 sq ft difference which certainly isn't as large a diff. as the Centurys Skys but are still another approx 8 x 7 1/2' in extra space. The balconies aren't much different - 41 sq ft for the CC & 57 sq ft for the Sky..

That said, a 41 sq ft balcony is quite small (comparable to a room that is 8 x 5'+) and a table w/ 2 chairs just about fills the space, not a lot of leg room when sitting down..I wd prefer a 57 sq ft balcony..esp for more than 2 folks but just my preference of course, 'cause with 3 folks in 41 sq feet u will be doing a breakfast relay on that balcony..or take your shoehorn with u.. :D!

As 'JennyJayFL' stated, for those that don't spend a lot of time & only have 2 in the cabin then take the CC but if more than 2 folks IMO anyway, or those who enjoy a bit more room/luxury, want lunch and dinner from the MDR in their suite and luv unlimited free expressos & cappucinos plus who spend a lot of time in their cabin, then again IMO as well, pick a Sky Suite..

Whatever u choose, I wish u a great cruise..:)

Thanks everybody for your helpful info (liked the kinky adventure suggestion! ;)) but I think I'll wait for a further price reduction if any and then decide. Such a port heavy cruise certainly would suggest using the difference for excursions. Thanks again for your help!

Just back from the Summit.... had Sky Suite 6131, which ist one of the better ones besides 6145/6146. Stateroom is a quite a bit bigger an the other ones, but the best thing, a really HUGE balcony. Much bigger then ordinarily sky suite balconies! It fits 2 loungers, a big table and two normal chairs. If you like spending time at the balcony and are able to get eighter 6131 or 6132, do it. Nothing like Rikki (butler) bringing the afternoonsnacks to your room and enjoy the sailaway from your balcony. Only other choise would be at the aft bar listening to Charlie Butler....jeez, how I want to go back!!!:rolleyes:

We've got 6132 booked for May. It's great to read another very positive review! I am a balcony goddess and can't wait.

Then you've got the right cabin vickiw0318!!!

It's really a nice cabin, with a HUGE balcony. I mean REALLY huge..... :D

Nothing like getting your butler bring the breakfast to the balcony or wathcing the sunset.... oh, how I want to go back....:o

Just back from the Summit.... had Sky Suite 6131, which ist one of the better ones besides 6145/6146. Stateroom is a quite a bit bigger an the other ones, but the best thing, a really HUGE balcony. Much bigger then ordinarily sky suite balconies! It fits 2 loungers, a big table and two normal chairs. If you like spending time at the balcony and are able to get eighter 6131 or 6132, do it. Nothing like Rikki (butler) bringing the afternoonsnacks to your room and enjoy the sailaway from your balcony. Only other choise would be at the aft bar listening to Charlie Butler....jeez, how I want to go back!!!:rolleyes:

1timecruzer....do you have any pictures of 6131???? We were going to book a RS but when I saw that SS 6131 was open I grabbed it and saved lots of money.

Ann

Godley TX

Yes I have...... I can try to upload some, but not sure I know how to do so...:rolleyes:

Or you can post your email, with an "at" instead of an "@" and i'll mail you some!

1timecruzer...here is the email

annandraleighccr at hotmail dot com

Thanks

Ann

Godley TX

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My hubby and I just booked a sky suite for New Years eve this year. My husband's bosses purchased the cruise for him as a token of appreciation fro all that he does. Orignially we were looking at the Balcony's and they are only $100 less than the sky suite. This was a no brainer. We'll take a suite...Excited. Waiting to find out which suite were gonna be in. :)

• 9 months later...
One other thing to consider is how much time you spend in your cabin. If you are one of those folks who basically uses their cabin as a place to shower and sleep and spend most of your time in the lounges, shows, on deck by the pool etc. than I would say keep your money and stay with the concierge class.

If however, you spend a decent amount of time in your stateroom or out relaxing on your balcony then I would say yes, go for the sky suite as the veranda is much larger and the stateroom much more spacious as well.

As to whether the perks of the suite will equal out to the cost difference inbetween the staterooms, most likely not, as the previous poster pointed out, you would also have to tip the butler and the few added perks certainly won't add up to the $600 difference in price.

Either way, I am sure you will have a great time no matter what cabin you choose!:)

I agree that if you want the larger room- and the extra perks- go for the sky suite- 246 square feet and a larger balcony and bathroom are a better option for me and my husband vs 191 square feet and a small balcony. If you are on a budget- I would highly recommend Aqua class- you get the same perks as concierge class, plus some additional perks and best of all you dine in Blu. So forget concierge class and reserve Aqua class. We are fortunate to be sailing in cabin 6146!! The bathroom alone is worth upgrading to this sky suite! I will miss blu and try to get in nightly as we are Elite members also.

Archived