Legendary Cruise Review - The Return of the Ringos - 3/20/11-3/27/11

MagnoliaFly

Loved your review and your slideshows! You take stunning photographs :)

I leave on the same itinerary on Sunday and your pics have gotten me even more excited!

Thanks!

Jill

Thanks for your great review and pictures! We are doing the same cruise on the Legend on May 1...First time cruisers so I appreciate all the info.

One (silly?) question...We aren't really into doing excursions. Just want to sit on a beach. Are there any beaches near the ports or do you have to travel to them?

Day 4 - Cozumel

Since we'd stayed up so late we slept in and went to breakfast around 10:30AM. After that we got off the ship and went directly to the taxi area in Puetra Maya. Getting a taxi to our destination was much easier than in Grand Cayman. Our driver tried to convince us to go to a different beach but we kept telling him to take us to Nachi Cocum. It took about 20 minutes or so. The entrance looks kind of sketchy but once you get in it is gorgeous.

5566739253_6062b0ce50_z.jpg

The area includes a private beach, hot tub and pool along with a covered open air dining room.

5567319798_7d4ca3c967.jpg

We moved our stuff from the beach chairs up to the pool area and spent a majority of our time in the hot tub. It wasn't really hot - just warmer than the pool and the beach water. The beach has crystal clear water - you can see all the way to the sand on the bottom. It was rather steep and I kept sinking down into the sand past my ankles. Quite a workout just walking up and down that beach and really different from Florida beaches.

5566727373_dae46a44ec.jpg

I stuck to pina coladas most of the day and Ringo drank more Corona's than I can remember. We had wonderful servers that were so funny and kept joking with us. It was a very nice relaxing day. I only missed a few spots with sunscreen thankfully and didn't burn.

We headed back to the port area and purchased some vanilla and Mexican blankets. They had a deal to get 3 Mexican blankets for $14.95 which was perfect so now Byron can have his own bed and leave Bernie's alone. We'll see if he will actually use it. I doubt Basil will use his as he much prefers our bed but we shall see.

5566741183_e649d47080.jpg

After coming back I took a quick shower and we napped until dinner. Ringo wasn't feeling well so he didn't eat anything. I had mozzarella sticks and New Zealand Lamb chops! They tasted amazing. For dessert I had the Bitter and Blanc bread pudding and tiramisu. Both tasted wonderful. We headed back up to the room to let Ringo sleep and I grabbed my stuff to go do some sewing for a bit before the 10:30PM deck party.

So that is where I'm headed now - going to go wake him up and see how he feels and then we'll be relaxing up on deck for the deck party and midnight buffet. Tomorrow the ship is in Belize but we won't be getting off so it'll just be a casual day for us to play card and board games. I might see if I can get a massage or a facial depending on what the special is. Can't believe it is Wednesday already and it is almost over....

5567343508_26815b4117.jpg

ENTIRE SLIDESHOW OF DAY 4 PHOTOS

Cool pictures, I hope you enjoyed all the fun! Carl looks great in the picture on the beach. I was thinking about it- what beach were you at when you took that picture of Carl, as I never saw where you went. :confused:Just wondering.

Cool pictures, I hope you enjoyed all the fun! Carl looks great in the picture on the beach. I was thinking about it- what beach were you at when you took that picture of Carl, as I never saw where you went. :confused:Just wondering.

All those photos were at Nachi Cocum! Gorgeous, gorgeous beach. I loved that excursion. Very relaxing. Carl loved it too!

• 9 months later...
Magnoliafly... Absolutely delightful and informative reading..Super pics.. Sorry about the Gnome.. Hope the surgery on the Gnome back in the states went well.;)

Again..thanks for the great Posts..

Oh the poor chap has remained footless. He constantly goes missing and then reappears somewhere in the house. I may have to get a replacement for the next cruise if he keeps this up!

Archived