Legendary Cruise Review - The Return of the Ringos - 3/20/11-3/27/11

MagnoliaFly

VERY nice. Guess I want to be there BEFORE that announcement- make sure we get a good seat.

We stayed back by the funnel. There are all sorts of places up on deck to get a good view even if you wait till the announcement. Amazing to see! The bridge is really neat.

They are talking about building a new one to replace this one so bigger ships can pass under....

Great review and pics. Perfect timing as we leave Friday for the Legend on Sunday. Did you say there were high schoolers and college kids in the Serenity Area? They weren't chased out? Looking forward to a quiet spot.

Yeah at night after the bar closed. Seemed like a lot of young college kids would hang out back there where the sofas are and talk really loudly. Not sure if it was because it was Spring Break or what. During the day it was pretty busy and hard to find a seat most of the time. At night the seating isn't bad but the groups can get kind of loud.

Just FYI - if there are high winds they will remove all of the seating out on the deck and tie it up in the hammock enclosures so it doesn't get blown around. They did that the last night of the cruise due to the high winds.

Wonderful review! We sail on the Legend May 8th, and I could not be more excited!

The beach in Cozumel that you went to was absolutely beautiful - is this a public beach or is there some sort of few to get into the area?

Thank you so much for such a detailed review! I thoroughly enjoyed it! DH and I will be on the Legend this October, so your review is especially interesting to us. We'll be eating at the Chef's Table, and the steakhouse as well. I can hardly wait! Thank you again.

Sorry we didn't get to meet you. We got into our rooms and everyone wanted to unpack. I looked for people on our roll call and only got to meet one family in Roatan. I thought with the pics posted we would have seen someone on the ship

We did have a wonderful time too.

Wonderful review! We sail on the Legend May 8th, and I could not be more excited!

The beach in Cozumel that you went to was absolutely beautiful - is this a public beach or is there some sort of few to get into the area?

It is a private beach and there are tons of reviews on it. It is Nachi Cocum. They only allow 100 reservations per day. You do have to reserve in advance. Most people do it through Island Marketing.

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/cozumelbeachbreak.htm

Thank you so much for such a detailed review! I thoroughly enjoyed it! DH and I will be on the Legend this October, so your review is especially interesting to us. We'll be eating at the Chef's Table, and the steakhouse as well. I can hardly wait! Thank you again.

You will thoroughly enjoy both! We haven't done the steakhouse yet but heard great things about it. If the Chef's table is any indication you will really enjoy yourselves.

Can you explain the open bar party that you attended? Do you organize that through cruise critic? I have never been on a Carnival cruise before. This is the first time I have heard of a large group getting together like this. Thanks!

Yes, please give details on how you arranged the M&G. We are going on the 4/17 legend. Someone in our roll call contacted John Heard, but we havent heard anything yet. Any other suggestions?

As far as meet and greets go, I planned mine through Carnival. I just contacted the group services coordinator and arranged it that way. I've heard that you SHOULD NOT mention you are part of Cruise Critic when planning this as some people get turned down. Just plan it as a friendly gathering.

Carnival event person for my ship just contacted me back, here is a summary of what she told me (I gave an estimate for 25 adults attending so far):

I understand that you will like to have a Private Party for your group of 25 guests. The 1 Hour Open Bar with Dry Snacks is $9.95 per person + 15% service charge. We require a minimum of 20 guests, you already have 25 .

In order to reserve the space you need to let us know day and time , and we will check if it is available. We will reserve the space in a lounge ,with the food and beverage order for your group, and the payment must be made onboard prior to the event. If you add more people to the party , you have to let us know, because we will need to adjust the number , that way you will be charge correctly.

Payment must be made by the Group Leader once onboard prior to the event. The total amount will be charged to sail and sign account. The final count must be given by (12 days before sailing in my case).

If you have children in your group, ages 5 to 20 will have to purchase the 1 hour non alcoholic party @ $5.00 per person plus 15% service charge.

Oh and to inquire about booking one you e-mail them! Here is the e-mail address: groupeventplanning@carnival.com

Sorry we didn't get to meet you. We got into our rooms and everyone wanted to unpack. I looked for people on our roll call and only got to meet one family in Roatan. I thought with the pics posted we would have seen someone on the ship

We did have a wonderful time too.

I know it seems like this time around I only met the people at the open bar party! A few people recognized me from my Facebook photos but other than that that was it.

"Payment must be made by the Group Leader once onboard prior to the event. The total amount will be charged to sail and sign account. The final count must be given by (12 days before sailing in my case)."

Does that mean you personally had to pay for all the people in your M&G group, and get paid back? Or did each person who wanted to go, just paid for themselves? I'd be nervous putting out $ for a bunch of people on my roll call that I didn't know.:confused:

We are going on May 8th too! Thanks for the great review and the pictures of the new Serenity area. I'm really looking forward to that!

If you're looking to do Southern Carribean you should check out Carnival Miracle out of Ft. Lauderdale. We're doing that next March, but the schedule goes out even further than that date. I can't wait for that one either!

"Payment must be made by the Group Leader once onboard prior to the event. The total amount will be charged to sail and sign account. The final count must be given by (12 days before sailing in my case)."

Does that mean you personally had to pay for all the people in your M&G group, and get paid back? Or did each person who wanted to go, just paid for themselves? I'd be nervous putting out $ for a bunch of people on my roll call that I didn't know.:confused:

I had everyone paypal funds over when they signed up for the list. Payment was due prior to me giving the final head count to the Carnival group coordinator. I had all the funds on hand before it was charged to my Sail and Sign account, I didn't float anyone and I wouldn't recommend doing that anyway.

You have to pay it on one account - you can't pay individually as is my understanding.

Thanks for the review.

How is Bananagrams played?

They have a cute website with the FAQ on how to play:

http://bananagrams.com/our-games/bananagrams

AND AMAZING photos! Wow! So crisp, sharp and bright! What kind of camera do you use?

Thanks! Those were taken with my Canon Rebel Xsi camera with the kit lens (18-55mm). Wish I could afford a new "walking around" lens but for now I use what I have.

I LOVED your review and your pictures make me jealous! I always wish mine would turn out so great!

My family and I will be on the Legend a week from Sunday, so excited we can't stand it! We will also be doing Victor Bodden and Nachi Cocom, so your review and pics were really wonderful for us to get an idea of what is coming.

Thank you for taking the time to share it with us!

I LOVED your review and your pictures make me jealous! I always wish mine would turn out so great!

My family and I will be on the Legend a week from Sunday, so excited we can't stand it! We will also be doing Victor Bodden and Nachi Cocom, so your review and pics were really wonderful for us to get an idea of what is coming.

Thank you for taking the time to share it with us!

Oh have a blast! I hope you have great weather like we did.

Awesome, awesome review!!! We leave in 43 days and I cannot wait!!

The Arts and Crafts activity - was that a kids club thing or for anyone? The Assistant Cruise Director on the Victory did a Scrapbooking class on the 3 sea days we had!! I love the idea of an arts and crafts activity!!

Awesome, awesome review!!! We leave in 43 days and I cannot wait!!

The Arts and Crafts activity - was that a kids club thing or for anyone? The Assistant Cruise Director on the Victory did a Scrapbooking class on the 3 sea days we had!! I love the idea of an arts and crafts activity!!

For anyone. It wasn't a camp carnival activity. I sent a message to John Heald telling him how awesome it was and I hoped more ships would incorporate things like that for the daily activities.

I agree that the Chef's Table is amazing! We were a little concerned about the price, but my hubby and I love food, are addicted to the food network and my hubby is a part time "chef". We would also recommend this to anyone and was a very informative experience as well. Your review is great. We loved the legend and are sailing on her again in September, same time as last year!

Archived