Pride Balcony Guarantee

sapperson

Booking a trip on the Pride and looking at the balcony guarantee. First trip with Carnival, 8th cruise in all. Never booked a balcony before, so I figured I'd give it a shot. There is about a $500 savings booking the guarantee as opposed to the assigned room. Is there any chance of me getting a balcony without an obstructed view if I do it this way? I'll most likely take my chances either way, just curious what past experiences have been. If I find out at check in that I'm given an obstructed view balcony, is there any chance of "sweet talking" the attendant into moving me to a clear view?

Regardless of my room, I am looking forward to seeing how the Carnival Line compares to RCCL, Princess, and Celebrity.

Thanks for the input.

Booking a trip on the Pride and looking at the balcony guarantee. First trip with Carnival, 8th cruise in all. Never booked a balcony before, so I figured I'd give it a shot. There is about a $500 savings booking the guarantee as opposed to the assigned room. Is there any chance of me getting a balcony without an obstructed view if I do it this way? I'll most likely take my chances either way, just curious what past experiences have been. If I find out at check in that I'm given an obstructed view balcony, is there any chance of "sweet talking" the attendant into moving me to a clear view?

Regardless of my room, I am looking forward to seeing how the Carnival Line compares to RCCL, Princess, and Celebrity.

Thanks for the input.

There is a chance you will get unobstructed but if you dont, there is usually no upgrades at checkin. That is the chance you take for the good price.

Thanks for the input.

I don't know about anyone else but everytime I have booked guarantee I have always had at least a 2 category upgrade which would mean you would get an unobstructed view. I think it depends too on when you cruise. This is not guaranteed though. Good luck.

Archived