Steakhouse: Compare it to Mortons/Capital Grille Please

luvtovaca

Wow! You guys all pretty much voted unanimously that at the very least the CCL Steakhouse is on par with all the major upscale steakhouses around. Now just to decide which night is best to eat there on a 7 day cruise (suggestions??) Thanks everyone!

We booked the steakhouse for the first night on our Legend cruise, because of the free bottle of wine. :)

If you've eaten at the Steakhouse on Legend (or any other Carnival ship) and have also dined at either The Capital Grille or Morton's Steakhouse, please compare. Is the Steakhouse up to par with these steakhouse restaurants? If so, then it is a bargain and we may just book a dinner there on board. Thanks.

Well, I've eaten at both Morton's and Cap Grille (both of which IMO are overrated for the price) and while I haven't eaten at the steakhouses on Carnival, I did on RC and it was absolutely worth the price. We've booked at the Steakhouse on the Legend on our upcoming cruise for the first sea day. Look for me Monday night and I'll let you know how it was.

• 1 month later...

So it's $30.00 per person and that includes .....????? Soup to desert? How much advance notice do you need for reservations? I was under the impression that it was al a carte like most steakhouses. Someone please clarify the prices for me.

Thanks a bunch..

What about tips? Is it customary to tip the chef at the chef's table? Or it this considered included on your pre-paid tips?:confused:

I can only comment on the tip at the steakhouse.

The $ 30 service charge includes the "tip". Hewever they do not tell you how much of the 30 is the tip and encourage you to tip more.

We have always added money to the bill but always feel we should know how much of a tip we have already paid.

All I can say is do as you wish.

Archived