Where to go during El Norte

LisadelRio

Oh no, we're leaving today on the galaxy and I just sae the Cozumel forecast for Saturday. The winds will be 15 mph out of the north!

We had planned to go to Chankanaab for snorkeling. Now i'm afraid it will be too rough.

Is there a good beach to go during El Norte? Maybe we should rent a car and go to the east side.

Thanks for any advice. We leave for the ship in a couple of hours.

Lisa

If it is blowing hard when you get there, I'd rent a car and to the circle the island tour. The water will be rough on the west side and that can make snorkeling difficult. You will be able to judge the water conditions as you arrive. If you see white caps in the water, then plan on getting the car.

On the other hand, weather reports can be wrong and it could be the usual beautiful day in paradise.

Today's only Thursday. It's waaaaaaaaay too early to predict what Saturday's weather will be like. Ask me again on Saturday morning. I'll probably reply, "It looks like another beautiful day in Cozumel!"

As Bruce says, when the weather is rough on the west side, the east is usually calm.

According to the forecasts we have been scheduled to have thunderstoms and Nortes for several weeks now....only last night did we actually get some rain and it was sunny and almost cloudless all day. I agree with Sally- don't worry about it until you get here since the predictions haven't been right so far!!

Yep. I don't know how many times I've checked the Cozumel forecast before a trip down and it always shows clouds and rain and thunderstorms all week long. Then we get there and we get a brief shower at night and that's it.

I think forecasting for the islands must be as tough as for mountain regions. You just never know what the weather's going to be like until you wake up that morning.

Archived