Oldies Music Cruise (60s-70s). Any in late 2011-early 2012?

kruiser55

OK, now I know when you said "D. Jones." Yes, I know he passed away not too long ago.

As I said I have seen several personalities in Branson down through the years like Bobby Vee, Chris Montez, Paul Revear and the Raiders, Fabian, Bryan Hyland, etc.

I would like to cruise with entertainers like the above, but in the long run, it is cheaper to see them in Branson then on the cruise ship.

• 4 weeks later...

The Malt Shop Memories Cruise is an excellent cruise. I understand your point about being cheaper to catch all of the acts in Branson. What the cruise offers you is an opportunity to interact with the artists and be surrounded for one week, 1900 passengers that share a passion for this music.

This year's lineup looks amazing: Dion, Frankie Avalon, Chubby Checker, Ronnie Spector, Darlene Love and a bunch more. We have booked our cabin and we never miss an opportunity to tell our friends about this cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Kool Kat Kruser, thanks for getting back with me, and sorry I am slow on answering, but I haven't been well for a while.

The Malt Shop cruise sounds GREAT. This is my only thinking at this time. I "assume" we have to book through the Malt Shop cruise itself, right? The reason I say this, I have a "local" TA that I use for all my cruising. If/when I have problems, they take good care of me.

Dealing with someone out of my territory/area I don't feel comfortable with.

You are in luck!!! The promoter of the Malt Shop Memories Cruise is Entertainment Cruise Productions (ECP) which was founded by a travel agent and they have developed a very good network to work with travel agencies. Have your TA contact ECP and inquire about the World Wide Travel Agent Network.

This are the same folks that do the full charter Smooth Jazz Cruises that I go on

Good luck!!!!!!

missdee, I understand that you were to go on a Malt Shop cruise in October 2011.

If you went, would you give me your pros/cons of the entertainerment, and if you thought it was worth the price?

I don't need to know about the ship/s, just the entertainment, etc.

• 4 months later...

http://www.winedineandmusiccruise.com/

We are booked on this cruise. Its billed as wine and dine and music but music is the reason I am going. Kenny Loggins, Doobie Brothers, Three Dog Night, world class rockers (a collection of guys from other bands ie Lynnard skinnard, journey) and a couple other bands. It will be Nov 9 - 16, 2013.. should be fun

• 2 months later...

Their next cruise will be on the CARIBBEAN PRINCESS on January 18, 2014. They will have PAUL REVERE & THE RAIDERS, BJ THOMAS, MARY WILSON of the SUPREMES, THE COWSILLS and the original DRIFTERS. Choice of nightly entertainment and dancing with the CAS House Band or choose the DJ Nightly Request in the Disco Lounge. FUN-FUN-FUN!:D

• 2 weeks later...

ohcruisers1984, that sounds great but........January in Kansas City can be a bad time in leaving the airport, or anywhere from here. We used to cruise in January/February, but no longer, as we have had so many problems trying to get out of the airport for a cruise.

As I live in Missouri, Paul Revere and the Raiders were in Branson for quite some time, and still may be there, and we seen them. I would love to see the rest, but it is easier for me to get away in the Spring or Summer time. I know if I was "retired" it would be easier for me to make plans.:)

ohcruisers1984, that sounds great but........January in Kansas City can be a bad time in leaving the airport, or anywhere from here. We used to cruise in January/February, but no longer, as we have had so many problems trying to get out of the airport for a cruise.

As I live in Missouri, Paul Revere and the Raiders were in Branson for quite some time, and still may be there, and we seen them. I would love to see the rest, but it is easier for me to get away in the Spring or Summer time. I know if I was "retired" it would be easier for me to make plans.:)

The only response I could think of is to go down to Texas this year a few days early to ensure you "get out" of Kansas City. Just a thought!

OHcruiser1984, thank you for your response. Going to Texas ahead of time is a good suggestion, other than I only have so much time for vacation, and driving there would take up more of my vacation.

I use to live in the midwest....getting out of town in the winter is only half the challenge...getting back in after your cruise is even more challenging....lol....last year we were on the Capital Jazz SuperCruise during Hurricane Sandy and watching the Hurricane on the pooldeck huge LCD screen was quite the experience

Hattack, yes you are right. I remember coming back a couple times (that is why I will not cruise in January or February, and wait until the last part of March to cruise) from a cruise and being stranded at the airport near the ship, as we could not come back in to Kansas City because of the weather.

That's why I always plan to fly in the day before my cruise and take Monday off post cruise to hedge my bets for weather challenges. I always volunteer to give up my seat on the return and earn DB compensation to pay for next year's cruise air fare and a free airport hotel room

Their next cruise will be on the CARIBBEAN PRINCESS on January 18, 2014. They will have PAUL REVERE & THE RAIDERS, BJ THOMAS, MARY WILSON of the SUPREMES, THE COWSILLS and the original DRIFTERS. Choice of nightly entertainment and dancing with the CAS House Band or choose the DJ Nightly Request in the Disco Lounge. FUN-FUN-FUN!:D

We have booked this cruise, very excited, as P. Revere was one of my favorite groups growing up.

• 1 month later...

Is there a website for this cruise to get more details?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived