Emarking in Panama Question...

IwannaGo Now

Please don't go wondering out of the port area in Colon. It is not safe. That came from a friend of our who was born in Panama. We stayed in the port area after our excursion and shopped, but I can't remember what stores were there.

Judi :)

There is a grocery store, and a few souvenir shops at the port of Colon. We stopped in buy to Pepsi, coffee, chips & chocolate before boarding the ship. 2 minutes from the shops to boarding the ship.

The grocery store that is near the pier is a Super 99 (or was), a local chain. That area should be OK, it is fairly near the ship. The advice for going anywhere else in Colon without benefit of a tour or taxi is good advice.

The grocery store that is near the pier is a Super 99 (or was), a local chain. That area should be OK, it is fairly near the ship. The advice for going anywhere else in Colon without benefit of a tour or taxi is good advice.

We were in Colon last week. It is still Super 99 and within the safe area. We didn't go in the grocery store, but shopped around and bought framed butterflies and a shirt. There is also a duty free area. I saw that cigarettes were $17.00 a carton, but rest of the things were mostly chocolate, perfume, and liquor. I don't recall seeing soft drinks there. It is on your left as you get off the ship and into first building, before the escalator.

Archived