Rivera Deck Experiences

MagnoliaFly

Have stayed on the Riviera Deck on both the Fantasy and the Elation, forward and aft. Never had any problems at all with noise....except for a couple in the next cabin who had a knock down drag out fight one evening that was quickly stopped by security ;)

Triumph, Riviera, midship, oceanview. Had a closed connecting room door which we were told could let through noise from the other cabin. We heard NOTHING, even though the neighbor's wife got seasick and had to get medicine from staff in the middle of the night. Didn't hear anything from the hallways either.

Just booked Liberty Riviera deck forward cabin on port side. It has 2 twins, sofa, with 2 portholes. As far as I could tell, there are only 2 cabins with 2 twins beds plus a sofa and table. Thinking it's going to be a great room having 2 real twins beds, not upper, and sofa instead of just chair. Anyone ever stayed in one like this?

On Sensation in R171 one night there was a weird noise that woke me up.

I woke DH up.

He heard it too.

It was a fairly intense scraping noise and kind of scary.

I called the pursers desk and they assured me that everything was okay.

The next day they sent a letter and some free drink coupons.

I still wonder what that was all about.

We were on Holiday all the way forward a couple of times and did not hear anything.

There is really no traffic up there which is nice.

One day we watched guys in fire suits drag hoses and go through a froward door.

It was interesting.

The noisiest cabin I have ever been in was Ecstasy E216.

Not on Riveria, but that cabin shook and had loud clanking noises early in the mornings.

It was impossible to sleep through.

Riveria or Main Aft are alway our choices. Most have been on riveria. I always suggest riveria because you feel very little motion. I've been lucky and no noises or smells. One time we got a dirty OV on Triumph but they fixed it fast.

the deck plans show us about 5 cabins back from the front of the ship on port side. I've been in interior mid ship on empress deck and was very happy with that room. Also been in an interior aft on upper deck and do remember some vibration back there. I chose this cabin for the great rate and the bonus of having a sofa and daylight from the portholes vs an interior cabin.

My PVP thinks this will be a great room, I hope she's right!

Archived