Carnival did right...refund on super saver

valtandc

booked 3 in cabin with super saver (or is it early saver). I had to deposit $300/person to hold cabin. I had to cancel one in cabin and carnival is issuing a credit of $250. thought i'd be out $300.

They are supposed to take $50 and hold the rest as credit for a future cruise.. Or did they actually credit your credit card back??

They allowed the credit to go to another person in the Cabin and use it toward current cruise. happy with that. Plus my TA refunded the $50 difference. Love AAA.

booked 3 in cabin with super saver (or is it early saver). I had to deposit $300/person to hold cabin. I had to cancel one in cabin and carnival is issuing a credit of $250. thought i'd be out $300.

Did you have all 3 names listed on the reservation?? From what I understand the $250 credit has to be used by the person whom cancelled.. I am sure if I am incorrect someone will point that out;)

Did you have all 3 names listed on the reservation?? From what I understand the $250 credit has to be used by the person whom cancelled.. I am sure if I am incorrect someone will point that out;)

Unless they can show that they paid all of the money with a cc receipt.

I will tell you though there are exceptions.. I met a lady thru cruise critic who was allowed to cancel an ES booking because of a change in itinerary. They held her $600 deposit but made it transferable to anyone. I know because it was transfered to me...

It can be credited back to the "payee" if it can be shown that they used their card to pay.

Archived