Construction on Blue Lagoon Island

FIVEONTHEAVENUE

Does anyone know if there is still construction taking place on Blue Lagoon Island. I am scheduled to be there first week in June. Will it be completed by then? Also, what is the cost of the beach activities for children? (rafts, floats and other blow up devices)

Does anyone know if there is still construction taking place on Blue Lagoon Island. I am scheduled to be there first week in June. Will it be completed by then? Also, what is the cost of the beach activities for children? (rafts, floats and other blow up devices)

I was just there on monday .. construction on the upper level of the pavillion is complete. They were staining and painting when I was there.

Rafts, tubes etc are free with purchase of a beach day.

Blow up Slide etc is $15 per hr or $25 for all day. (36 inch minimum height)

• 9 months later...

I was at Blue Lagoon Island on Christmas Eve 2011 and it's still very much under construction. There was a barge being unloaded by a noisy and smoky tractor the entire time we were there. There were also temporary fences in place to close off parts of the island. I'm not sure how much was closed to us, but I suspect much of it was. There was a pedestrian bridge over the water to an additional part of the island that was closed! The experience was a disappointment and I was not warned of the construction before hand. :(

Archived