Blu table seating arrangements?

fussylady

I was wondering if couples can be seated at tables for 2 in the Blu dining room or if they are grouped in with larger tables like in the mdr.

We requested a table for 2 but i don't know if they will honor that in Blu.

Do you get the same table every night in Blu?

Does Blu have windows to see out? or is it all enclosed? It's hard for me to tell from the photos I've seen.

Thanks.

Most of the tables in Blu are for two. You can request the same table every night, but generally people are not assigned specific tables - so you may have to wait a bit. If you plan to dine at the same time each night, you may be able to arrange for a specific table to be reserved for you each night. They try to be very accommodating in Blu. There are several seats near large windows.

Yes there are windows to see out. The whole wall is a giant floor to ceiling window, very nice.

Also you will most certainly get a table for two, with the caviot that most tables in blu are for two but some of them can be rather close together so having a private conversation is almost out of the question.

You may make anyrequest you would like and if you dine latter you will probably get it. It is open seating so no prearraged time for dinner and like I said you can ask for a specific server or just take what ever is available. I found the maidre d to be the most helpful in blu than on any of my cruises. He actually new our names and spoke with us every night to see if we needed anything.

You will love blue have a great time!

Again if privacy is what you seek, just ask, and go when they are not busy to help out a bit.

Thanks for the replies and the helpful information. I am really looking forward to Blu. Friends have spoken so highly about it.

I guess it makes a lot of sense.....now that I think about it....to have a lot of tables for 2 in Blu.....because all the cabins in AQ are doubles.

We like tables for 2 but we are also accustomed to tight seating in restaurants these days.

Thanks again for the replies.

Yes, you can always get a table for 2 for both breakfast and dinner.

Yes, you can always get the same server for breakfast and dinner. Just ask the maitre d'. We had met our server at the Aqua Class "introduction" shortly after we boarded, got his name, and requested a table with him at our first dinner. Next morning for breakfast, the maitre d' recognized us and asked if we wished to be seated in with the same server. We said yes, and we never had to ask again.

Yes, there are beautiful ocean views from the large windows and you can almost always be seated close enough to the windows to thoroughly enjoy.

We are considering an Aquaclass stateroom on Infinity to Alaska in 2012 since by then she will have been Solarized. Since Blu is considered a "specialty restaurant" I am assuming there is a charge for dinner and that breakfast and lunch is complimentary. What is the amount Celebrity currently charges for dinner in Blu for Aquaclass passengers?

We are considering an Aquaclass stateroom on Infinity to Alaska in 2012 since by then she will have been Solarized. Since Blu is considered a "specialty restaurant" I am assuming there is a charge for dinner and that breakfast and lunch is complimentary. What is the amount Celebrity currently charges for dinner in Blu for Aquaclass passengers?

If you are booked into Aquaclass, then Blu is your dining room---no charge. Those pasengers booked into regular staterooms are not allowed to use Blu.

BTW, we live near San Jose.

Have a great cruise on the Infinity! We are booked on that ship for Jan., 2012.

Sheila

If you are booked into Aquaclass, then Blu is your dining room---no charge. Those pasengers booked into regular staterooms are not allowed to use Blu.

BTW, we live near San Jose.

Have a great cruise on the Infinity! We are booked on that ship for Jan., 2012.

Sheila

Thanks Sheila,

How is Blu's quality of food and service? Is it better than the MDR? Probably much quieter in Blu as opposed to the MDR. Are the gratuities the same?

Where do you actually live?

Bob

Archived