Cucina Del Capitano Menus!!

John Heald just released the final versions of the menus for Cucina Del Capitano, on the new Carnival Magic! The price will be $10 for adults, $5 for kids. I find this a very reasonable price - your thoughts?

MENUS:

http://johnhealdsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Cucina-final-menu-0411.pdf

http://johnhealdsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Cucina_Dessert_menu_NCM.pdf

They look delicious! (Everything obtained from www.johnhealdsblog.com)

And, another thing...this pic is GIGANTIC...you have to scroll side-to-side to see everything.

breeze.jpg

Many of the menu items seem as if they would merit an upcharge. Chicken Parm? Spaghetti & Meatballs? Not sure how popular this will be right off the bat with Princess doing the Med cruises with all of the stops in Italy and people eating authentic Italian lunches in Rome, Florence, Sicily, and Naples/Amalfi Coast/Capri. I think we'll take a pass on it.

Many of the menu items seem as if they would merit an upcharge. Chicken Parm? Spaghetti & Meatballs? Not sure how popular this will be right off the bat with Princess doing the Med cruises with all of the stops in Italy and people eating authentic Italian lunches in Rome, Florence, Sicily, and Naples/Amalfi Coast/Capri. I think we'll take a pass on it.

I'm not sure I understand. I don't think that the intention here is to have people that would otherwise do a Mediterranean cruise opt for this one for the food :confused:. Maybe I'm just ignorant, but I'm thinking it has something to do with giving people another choice? I think it sounds really good, it's very reasonable and I can't wait to try it when we sail on the Magic.

I'm not sure I understand. I don't think that the intention here is to have people that would otherwise do a Mediterranean cruise opt for this one for the food :confused:. Maybe I'm just ignorant, but I'm thinking it has something to do with giving people another choice? I think it sounds really good, it's very reasonable and I can't wait to try it when we sail on the Magic.

I think the Magic won't be a mainstay in the Med. So, the point is that it is another option. But I can't see it as a realistic option to upcharge for Italian food on a cruise in Italy. My other point is that I don't mind upcharges if there is an upgrade in quality. That's the case of the aged USDA prime steaks available in the steakhouses. But charging $10 for spaghetti & meatballs? :rolleyes: This will never be confused with the upcharge Italian restaurants on Princess (Sabatinis) or RCI (Portofinos) in terms of class of restaurant.

John Heald just released the final versions of the menus for Cucina Del Capitano, on the new Carnival Magic! The price will be $10 for adults, $5 for kids. I find this a very reasonable price - your thoughts?

MENUS:

Thx we are sailing on May, 22nd and cant wait

Archived