Spring Weather in the Caribbean Questions...

loan_girl

So, I've been on several cruises but never to the Caribbean in Spring. As I'm looking over weather for next week it looks like 50-60% rain daily. Is this typical Caribbean rain as in off and on where it's nice to have a little rain or does this mean more like an all day downpour?

Just want to prepare so anyone who's travelled this time of year, I'd appreciate your input!

Thanks!

Nothing to worry about. Been on several cruises, usually in Spring and never had one day that is rained continually. You could have a cloudy day but not so much rain.

I usually pack a real lightweight rain poncho just in case. You can get them at the dollar store. Was very glad to have them when visiting Belize. People wanted to buy them off us. :eek:

Small showers in the afternoon are the norm for the Caribbean. Have a great cruise.:)

I've been hearing that the Caribbean cruising weather is great right now with sunny skies and glassy seas. I would be willing to bet if you get any rain, it will just be brief showers here and there. I live in Florida and 50-60% chance of rain is the typical forecast everyday of the summer here - it's usually just our regular afternoon thunderstorms that may or may not happen. I assume the Caribbean is very similar.

Archived