drink package

kenorus

just sailed with celebrity and bought their drink package. I had the classic which was 38 a day and my husband had the premium and was 45 a day

On his you could have any drink up to 12 dollars mine 8. It was the best thing we ever had. I am a wine drinker so even 5 glasses of wine was worth it. I am hoping carnival buys into it as royal carribean has done it also.

It would be nice if Carnival had something like that was available to someone that was not part of a 100% partication group. Carnival is of couse worried about the bottom line and this would possibly cut into it. Business is business, I do understand that.

just sailed with celebrity and bought their drink package. I had the classic which was 38 a day and my husband had the premium and was 45 a day

On his you could have any drink up to 12 dollars mine 8. It was the best thing we ever had. I am a wine drinker so even 5 glasses of wine was worth it. I am hoping carnival buys into it as royal carribean has done it also.

This has been brought up many many times and it would be so nice if they would do this.. but I have read a post from John Heald on FB stating that Carnival will not be following like Celebrity has done:(

It would be nice if Carnival had something like that was available to someone that was not part of a 100% partication group. Carnival is of couse worried about the bottom line and this would possibly cut into it. Business is business, I do understand that.

Again I asked this question to John Heald and he said he passed it on to the beards... there should be an AI available to individuals or small family groups not just huge groups...

Just wondering, if they had this option. Do you think we would have to buy it for everyday or could be just buy it on certain days? Just curious how it would work?

I personally think that it would be all or none for it to be feasible for Carnival to even consider.. again JMPO;)

Its all about revenue. If Carnival did this you would see an increase in rates. They can charge what they do for cruise fare because they absorb the costs with ship board spending (EX: alcohol) If they adopted this idea you would definitely see a rate increase. They probably make more money doing it the way they have it now because, lets face it, with all the smuggling posts, Carnival cruisers like to drink .

Someone told me that if they did it would be for groups only and if you are in a stateroom with another person that BOTH had to buy it..If it is true we wouldn't buy it as I only drink soda.. Time will tell..:cool:

That is why I asked the question to John Heald because I do not think it is fair for individuals that would like the bar card but dont cruise with huge groups of 30 or more... my hubby doesn't drink alot of alcohol only the pop card.. but it is worth it for me to purchase...

If he had to purchase the pop card and me the AI bar card that is fine.. but for someone who doesn't drink should not have to purchase it just so someone else can have the opportunity to have it..again JMPO;)

I have been crossing my fingers and toes that Carnival would "test it" on the May 14th sailing of the DREAM:D:D.

I know at least 4 people who would "give it a whirl"...;)

**I know it is not a possbility, just being funny!!

LOL wish they would.. so atleast we would know they are looking into it.. have not seen any updates from John regarding it tho:(

That is why I asked the question to John Heald because I do not think it is fair for individuals that would like the bar card but dont cruise with huge groups of 30 or more... my hubby doesn't drink alot of alcohol only the pop card.. but it is worth it for me to purchase...

If he had to purchase the pop card and me the AI bar card that is fine.. but for someone who doesn't drink should not have to purchase it just so someone else can have the opportunity to have it..again JMPO;)

I agree with you!!:)

You had to get it for the whole cruise. Even on port days it was worth it. I tend to drink at least 2 glasses of wine with my dinner then another 2 after. The cheapest glass of wine was 8 dollars. You could also have the fresh squeezed orange juice, smoothies, The coffee at the coffee bar with baileys in it. and all the specialty coffees. They say no sharing of packages but i know some were but we found it to much of a pain. You could not get buckets either but we went to each bar got a beer and had them not open it, soon we had 8 beers to put in our fridge.:D

Archived