Ferry to San Juan, PR

lorrainesy

My next cruise disebmarks in San Juan, PR and we are staying an extra day there. A co-worker of mine told me that there is a boat that you can take to St. Thomas from San Juan, PR, does anyone know if this is true? St. Thomas is my favorite island and I would LOVE the chance to visit on this trip. If anyone knows the name, the location, prices or times of this boat I would be very greatful.

Thanks,

Lorraine

I think that the ferry runs every Sunday and takes several hours. I'm not sure but I think it drops you off at Fajardo on the east coast of Puerto Rico -- I don't believe it goes to San Juan. You'e better off flying. The flight time between Charlotte Amalie and San Juan is about 1/2 hour. Some flights are with 757's while others are with puddle jumpers.

Thank you, it does not look like the ferry will work for us we are not there on sunday and i did not want to leave the san juan area:rolleyes: . do you know anything about the planes, days/ times they run or how much it cost?

Thanks so much

lorraine :D

American Airlines has frequent flights between San Juan and Charlotte Amalie. Use the following airport codes: SJU for San Juan and STT for St. Thomas to get schedule and price information. Prices and flights vary throughout the year. Here's their site: http://www.aa.com/

You can also check on line travel agencies to compare prices.

Archived