On Board Credit if Price Drops?

Sailorboy30

I don't have any experience with OBC for price reductions however on our cruise in September 2010 on Caribbean Princess the price dropped about $200 per person before final payment for our balcony cabins however I upgraded to mini-suites and they did reduce the price to the lower rate. On our upcoming April 30 cruise on the Sapphire Princess I noticed last weekend the price had dropped $155 per person for our aft balcony room. I asked my TA to contact Princess and they are issuing a refund onto my credit card.

What is Princess' policy if the price of the cruise drops? Carnival and HAL issue on board credit for the difference.

If the price drops after final payment, you can check to see if it applies to your booking, occasionally you can get it, but many times it isn't possible. Many price drops after final payment are in the form of flash promotions (for new bookings only) and therefore can not be used by those already booked. This means no price refund or shipboard credit (usually). It's always good to check even after final payment date, but I wouldn't get my hopes on this one, and don't be disappointed if you are told you are not entitled to it.

If the price drops before final payment, then you will receive a refund, not an onboard credit.

Archived