NCL 2012 Mexican Riviera

Jeebs

My wife and I are sailing this Friday and would like to take advantage of the future deposit for OBC offer. We are looking at a couple options for 2012. One of those is the Mexican Riviera out of Los Angeles (round trip). I can't seem to find anything scheduled in 2012 anywhere. Do they release these itineraries later? Have the announced that they aren't doing that run any longer?

Thanks!

I am so sad that they are ending their Mexican Riviera cruise as LA is our home port and made it easy for us to sail. We won't be able to go nearly as often :( or go with a line that is staying- and that is a bummer because I love NCL!!

My wife and I are sailing this Friday and would like to take advantage of the future deposit for OBC offer. We are looking at a couple options for 2012. One of those is the Mexican Riviera out of Los Angeles (round trip). I can't seem to find anything scheduled in 2012 anywhere. Do they release these itineraries later? Have the announced that they aren't doing that run any longer?

Thanks!

They no longer book future cruises on-board so you don't need to know what specific cruise you want to take. The future deposit is good for up to 4 years so you can come home and decide.

Its sad indeed, but you can really blame Mexico, not NCL. Their tourism is just getting killed right now, and it is such a beautiful country with a beautiful culture. I would not be surprised to see other lines follow suit in time until Mexico gets back to being "Reasonably safe".

They no longer book future cruises on-board so you don't need to know what specific cruise you want to take. The future deposit is good for up to 4 years so you can come home and decide.

I completely understand that policy. My concern is that my choices were between a Mexican Riviera trip (inexpensive cruise with no flight) or Alaska (pricey cruise plus flight) and I wasn't sure whether we were going to be able to spend the money on Alaska. The Alaskan cruise alone is twice the cost and then airfare makes it considerably more expensive. With the cheaper option eliminated it makes the idea of any down payment more of a gamble.

Its sad indeed, but you can really blame Mexico, not NCL. Their tourism is just getting killed right now, and it is such a beautiful country with a beautiful culture. I would not be surprised to see other lines follow suit in time until Mexico gets back to being "Reasonably safe".

I fully blame Mexico and none of the lines. I know that there was a shooting in Mazatlan not long ago and Carnival wasn't sailing there for a bit (they may still skip it, not sure). It seems that RCI doesn't have anything scheduled from San Diego to the Riviera either. Hopefully HAL and Carnival don't go away too.

Archived