Funny Story about Walkie Talkies

mlyn

My family and I were on the 4/2 sailing of the Fascination last week. One evening I was leaving the Palace Theater and saw a very frustrated man trying to get his wife on his walkie-talkie. Instead of beeping when he finished talking, it would quack! He tried and tried and every time he called her it would just quack back, like she was just pressing the call button and not saying anything.

He found his wife right next door at the gift shop. (I was not following him, just going to the same place.) He told her, "I am returning these walkie talkies when we get home! They don't work! I have been calling you and calling you. She answered, "I don't have the other walkie talkie."

He looks over to his son (about 11 or 12 years old) who is grinning ear to ear. It turns out he has the other walkie talkie, and has been with his dad the whole time, pushing the call button (in his pocket) every time his dad called. I had to walk away as I was cracking up laughing!

Archived