new info on credit cards to earn points/ miles

I searched this forum , but could not find up to date info. It might be there , but I did not find it. We love to travel and want to earn air miles. We live in the northeast and usually fly out of Boston. I prefer to pay a smaller annual fee. ( no fee would be even better)

I'd like to get the card before I make final payment on our cruise.

I am happy with my Delta Sky Miles American Express. In fact, they have a special offer going on right now. If you're interested let me know you're email and I'll sent you a referral.

EACH APPROVED FRIEND CAN EARN:

No annual fee for the first year – a savings of $955

Up to 25,000 bonus miles to get them started – they can earn 20,000 bonus miles after their first purchase and an additional 5,000 when they add two Additional Cards6

I searched this forum , but could not find up to date info. It might be there , but I did not find it. We love to travel and want to earn air miles. We live in the northeast and usually fly out of Boston. I prefer to pay a smaller annual fee. ( no fee would be even better)

Several years ago we applied for a Holland America Visa through Barclay Bank which gives double points for any Holland America useage. I paid our deposit for a 24 night B2B Med cruise using the card and then paid the balance off to $0 before interest charges accrued. I used the same tactic for monthly payments until the cruise was paid in full. When we took the cruise I requested that all my HAL points be applied towards onboard credits (which they were) and netted out with 10% of the cruise cost being returned as OBC. Since we used the card for all OBC purchases while cruising, I built up even more points for the future. What a deal!

Hi. We live in NH and we are using the American Express JetBlue Card. There is a $40 annual fee, but you get 10,000 points for joining which can be enough for a round trip flight. Let me know if interested and I can emai you a referral. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Capital One! I recommend using a 2 miles per dollar card, like the Venture Card, to build up $$$ twice as fast. Yes, I pay $60/year, but they give me back $1000 (100,000 miles)instead of $500 I would get with the standard 1 mile per dollar spent.

Also, Capital One does not charge bank fees for currency conversions when you travel overseas. This can save you 3% per transaction that most other banks charge.

• 2 weeks later...

We have an United Airlines card coming our way right now. They seem to have a good deal, you get enought points for a round trip ticket after the first purchase. We are charging the cruise to get a ticket free and then charging two more tickets to put towards the next cruises plane tickets. For us it is a $500 savings. There is no fee the first year, and we will cancel before that.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi. We live in NH and we are using the American Express JetBlue Card. There is a $40 annual fee, but you get 10,000 points for joining which can be enough for a round trip flight. Let me know if interested and I can emai you a referral. Thanks!

This is what I have, and while I haven't had it long enough to want to cash any points in (that would make it worth it for me personally) I was really suprised at all the other perks I have with it too like the travel insurance and discounts with certain merchants.

There are a lot of different options out there, and I really suggest you read the terms closely before you decide on what one is for you. A lot of the cards I looked at offerered what was marketed to sound like a really exciting deal but was much less enticing when you read the fine print terms.

Archived