Question about Past Guest rates

cjb1879

I'm looking into booking a balcony cabin for two on the Victory's June 12th sailing. When I click on the past guest rate on Carnival's website, there is a check underneath "choose your room" and "upgrades". Can anyone explain to me how the upgrade thing works for past guests? I'm having trouble finding information on this on Carnival's website. Is it even relevant since we're so close to the sailing date? I'm asking because I'm also entitled to the resident rate for this sailing and it is slightly cheaper, however, if past guest would entitle me to upgrades (if available) up until close to the sailing date, I would rather book that. Hope this question makes sense. Thanks for any help you can provide!

The Past Guest rate generally includes a so-called free upgrade; if you continue with the booking process where you select locations, you'll see text like "upgrade included". The problem is that the site no longer clearly displays the ## of sub-categories that they are upgrading you. I'd go thru the booking process for both the Past Guest and then the Resident and see what deck you get for a given amount of $$$ for each. You can probably better check this on one of the other large TA sites. ken

We also qualify for all those things but only if it's all available will it be offered. Lately none of them have been for a trip we have in August. I call from time to time before sailings and just ask as the reps will do it if they can .

Archived