Over the Door Organizer

brewersfan

We've always used an over the door organizer - hanging it so items are accessible from inside the bathroom. I noticed on our last cruise ... the metal hangers on it were scratching the paint on the top of the doorway.

Since I hate to be the personal cause of a maintenance problem, I won't be using it anymore.

Perhaps you could put duct tape on it so that it wouldnt scratch. Helen

We used the organizers on our two cruises...since there are five of us in two connecting cabins, it kept the kids' shoes and sandals in place. Plus we put belts, sunblock and other things in it to keep the bathroom clutter to a minimum. I can see using one for a week in a hotel, as well. "Don't leave home without it!"

I bring wire hangers with me for longer cruises, then throw them away. Why? While the wooden hangers are elegant, they take up a lot of space in the closet. DH and I hang up everything we can, easy to find and wear.

brainyblonde

NB: No need to tip for room service. It is an included dining option onboard. You can if you want, but is not necessary for those who might think this is expected or required. it is not.

This thread is about over the door organizers, not tipping.

We hang one over the bathroom door...facing the hallway. Comes in very handy...especially for tips for room service...I order coffee too early in the AM to have to go searching for a tip!

I put the tip on the desk/dresser the night before. Then, when I hear the morning knock on the door I grab the bill(s) on my way to answer the door. That way I have them in hand ready to give the steward on his way out.

Edited by NMLady

• 4 years later...

I used one over the door shoe holder that had 20 clear pockets for our first cruise in 2013. It did have 3 metal brackets but I also brought a strip of the no slip rubberized shelf liner to put under the hooks and it worked like a charm. Planning on bringing an extra holder this time for the bathroom.:)

Worried about scratching the door frames as mentioned so purchased one that has a big hook at the top and clear plastic sleeves (it is listed as a shoe organized to hang in a closet) which I hang from the hooks where they keep the bathrobes next to the desk area. The hook swivels so you could put it over a door if you wanted this.

808871173_Hangingorganizer.jpg.cd9f953bbb1ddb91672e72d9928a1e7c.jpg