LGBT Roll Call: Celebrity Silhouette T/A 12/01/12

daviddfld

Thank's for the updates guys & friends. I will update the listing and post it soon. We'll keep the listing here on this Roll Call. Monica, thanks so much for offering to posting it on your website! I look forward to joining you for a martini at the Martini Bar!!

Sad isn't it? some folks can be such A holes :(

A few cruises ago we had a gay couple in our Pied Piper group that were truly a pain in the butt to everyone they met. They had their cabin moved three times in three days hoping they would be upgraded to a suite for free, because they told the hotel manager they were promised by "someone" at Celebrity they would be upgraded, so he tried to appease them . Treated their cabin attendant like dirt over minor things (the floor was still wet after he scrubbed the bathroom one day, the ice melted in the ice bucket, room service took 20 minutes....).

No meal was ever good enough ("I think I taste sand in the spinach, could you send over the Food & Beverage manager"), they spent more time at guest relations desk than they did on shore.

By the end of the cruise, they were lamenting their daily woes once again at dinner, and said all the bad service it was all because they were a gay couple. A very quiet guy at our table told them "Being a gay couple has nothing to do with your PERCEIVED lack of service, you two have been A holes since the first day you were onboard, and both of you need to grow up before you go into ANY social situation ever again".

Everyone at the table started laughing because they knew he was 100% right. Luckily people like that are the exceptions rather than the rule, and I like to think most people are complimentary rather than critical of service onboard

A few cruises ago we had a gay couple in our Pied Piper group that were truly a pain in the butt to everyone they met. They had their cabin moved three times in three days hoping they would be upgraded to a suite for free, because they told the hotel manager they were promised by "someone" at Celebrity they would be upgraded, so he tried to appease them . Treated their cabin attendant like dirt over minor things (the floor was still wet after he scrubbed the bathroom one day, the ice melted in the ice bucket, room service took 20 minutes....).

No meal was ever good enough ("I think I taste sand in the spinach, could you send over the Food & Beverage manager"), they spent more time at guest relations desk than they did on shore.

By the end of the cruise, they were lamenting their daily woes once again at dinner, and said all the bad service it was all because they were a gay couple. A very quiet guy at our table told them "Being a gay couple has nothing to do with your PERCEIVED lack of service, you two have been A holes since the first day you were onboard, and both of you need to grow up before you go into ANY social situation ever again".

Everyone at the table started laughing because they knew he was 100% right. Luckily people like that are the exceptions rather than the rule, and I like to think most people are complimentary rather than critical of service onboard

That's brilliant! How did they react to that? John, remind me to tell you onboard, the story of the ill-mannered SilverSea passengers ;)

Does anyone know if the Aquafest cabins for our cruise are selling well? I note they're not exactly flooding onto CC to say Hi...

And if there are a couple hundred guys onboard, where will FOD be? It would swamp the Martini Bar :eek:

Thank's for the updates guys & friends. I will update the listing and post it soon. We'll keep the listing here on this Roll Call. Monica, thanks so much for offering to posting it on your website! I look forward to joining you for a martini at the Martini Bar!!

I'll be there!! :)

Monica

That's brilliant! How did they react to that? John, remind me to tell you onboard, the story of the ill-mannered SilverSea passengers ;)

After that incident, they were actually really annoyed at first, but I think realized what a bad time they were making for themselves by complaining about everything.

They either got better or just stopped sharing their woes. My guess is you don't change a tigers stripes overnight, but I do think they did realize that EVERYONE at our table was annoyed with their disrespectful attitude towards the staff, and just wasn't going to tolerate it in our presence. I like to think most people learn "Life is short, God's way of encouraging a bit of focus"

Look forward to hearing the SilverSea story!

Edited by johhnnyt

Monica,

I tried to add our names and cabin on the regular roll call and it did not seem to go through.

We are Jeff and Ed from San Francisco and are in 1646 Aqua BLU dining.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Ed/Jeff

Monica,

I tried to add our names and cabin on the regular roll call and it did not seem to go through.

We are Jeff and Ed from San Francisco and are in 1646 Aqua BLU dining.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Ed/Jeff

Just post your cabin information and Jennie will add to the roll call listing. She's on vacation right now but will update when she returns. I can add yours to the deck plan.

Monica

Yes, in a different way. ;) Still, it would be nice to be on a ship for a month.

Monica

Hi Monica,

What do you mean a month, we are just going to live onboard, its cheaper than a nursing home :D Besides when you board we will already be five pounds heavier.

Will anyone else be joining us for the Holy Land cruise before the transatlantic?

Larry

Hi Monica,

What do you mean a month, we are just going to live onboard, its cheaper than a nursing home :D Besides when you board we will already be five pounds heavier.

Will anyone else be joining us for the Holy Land cruise before the transatlantic?

Larry

Great idea. I had read someplace about cruising in retirement instead of being in a nursing home.

Monica

Four of us, two from Boston area and two from Ptown/ Ft Lauderdale are sailing on this cruise. Two of us have done many cruises before including three on Celebrity, but this will be our first trans Atlantic.

R.

Edited by ptownandpompano
Spelling