Just got back from a "Singles" Cruise

audekat

Hi! I just got back on sunday from a Hosted singles cruise (one of the big 2). it was great and totally worth it. I really enjoyed the special parties they had for us. I used their roommate matching service and it really worked out well for me. I would recommend the hosted route if you are nervous about finding people to spend time with.

I feel like I made some friends that I will be able to keep in touch with in the future.

The only problem is that I really want to do another one and my babysitter (My Dad) said he is not ready to take the baby for a week again any time soon...I wonder if he will change his mind in a year? :o

Just try and get a tradeoff with him! I'm going on a 30s/40s in Feb 2012, which makes me nervous since I'm on the lowend at 31. However, I sort of mix with any crowd. Got along great with the college crowd when I went to Alabama (graduated in 2010) and got along great with older people at certain bars in my area. So, I should be good, I think, maybe.

Now, this cruise coming up in just over 60 days, kinda nervous about it! Solo cruise AND first cruise AND first time in Europe. Now that's adventuring. :)

Remember my first solo cruises, maybe 20 years ago. B2B Europe on the old Norway then to Greece on Marco Polo , totaling a month. On Norway had a singles table for 12.(I had never even heard of a singles table) Whole month was awesome. Do not be afraid. But do read up on a bunch of Travel books so you can use your shore time to best advantage. Frommers, Fodors, Lonely Planet all excellent. BonVoyage.

Archived