NCL Gem - Sangria and Bermuda questions

ltap19

Hi everyone! Been looking at Cruise Critic for a while, but decided to sign-up today and create my first post.

Sailing on the Gem to Bermuda in August, and very excited for our first cruise on NCL! We've previously sailed on Carnival a couple years ago.

Does anyone have any recommendations on things we MUST do/see in Bermuda? Also, do any of the bars/lounges/restaurants serve sangria at all? Carnival had ONE night of a couple different kinds for a couple hours, and I was disappointed =( Hoping NCL will have it!

Hi everyone! Been looking at Cruise Critic for a while, but decided to sign-up today and create my first post.

Sailing on the Gem to Bermuda in August, and very excited for our first cruise on NCL! We've previously sailed on Carnival a couple years ago.

Does anyone have any recommendations on things we MUST do/see in Bermuda? Also, do any of the bars/lounges/restaurants serve sangria at all? Carnival had ONE night of a couple different kinds for a couple hours, and I was disappointed =( Hoping NCL will have it!

Most of the bars on NCL sell sangria but if your a true sangria lover you will not like the ships sangria and it's not cheap considering it's just a bit of red wine fruit juice.

My wife and I love the local flavor of riding the bus to wherever we are going. It is a great way to see the island and interact with the people. We usually hit horseshoe beach too.

If you don't mind spending a bit of money, lunch at The Reefs is a nice take. It is a wonderful small hotel with terrific views.

Enjoy your trip - we love Bermuda.

We had Sangria in Tequilas on the Gem a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't that impressed with it and I think it was $5 or $6 a glass so if you want to try it take rootbear's suggestion and try the 2 for 1 special in the buffet (which we didn't know about). Tequila's did give us a fairly large sample of a frozen lime magarita which we liked much bettter than the sangria, lol!

Echoing a previous poster who recommended going to the board for Ports of Call and go to the Bermuda board. Since you are new posting here you may not be aware of the port board and what it has to offer. The port boards give fantastic and very detailed ifnormation about each of the respective ports. I do a lot of research through the port boards--have planned great excursions and found wonderful tips and ideas.

Thanks! I didnt even know there was a Port of Call board, definitely going to check that out tonight. Still have a few months before we set sail in August, but I love to look early (to make it seem like it's not so far away!)

:)

Very subjective and constantly changing. The very best sangria I ever had was with DW at a nice restaurant/bar in Spain one afternoon. the owner of the place made it himself as there were no other patrons at the time, and his bartender was off for a few hours. Later the dame day we went back with DD and family and had a pitcher of sangria with dinner Not the same at all.:rolleyes:

The second best was when a guest in our home, who had lived in Spain for several years, brought all the ingredients and made it there. :) Very good.!

Note: Neither was on a cruise shp or large bar

I don't remember seeing Sangria on the menu in Bermuda. Dark 'n Stormies, Rum Swizzles, and all sorts of others though.

Do you like beaches, history, photo spots? Lots to see and do in Bermuda. You are going to have a great time.

DH and I enjoyed trying the Sangria night on Carnival. Like you we would have liked more nights. Although we were horrified to see how many people were too cheap to buy a glass but were happy to stand there eating the sangria-infused fruit samples. As my grandmother would have said....some people were raised in a barn with the sheep and pigs.....

Archived