Cable Beach info???

Distilled1

We are planing to do the Sheraton (and I think this is the same next door is the Wyndham this is cable beach no? or Nassau Beach?)

I know the Sheraton is 25 pp day pass. I was looking at Carnival excursions and see that there is one for the Wyn at cable beach (although a bit more (more than double pp with trans and a snack) anyone know if I do the Carnival ecursion if we can still go to the Sheraton? as that resort looks well much better , or is it not even the same place and carnival has it goofed up?

help me decide total of 8 4 adults (well 6) and 2 under 12

Carnival

$69.95 per Adult

$36.95 per Child

or

Sheraton at 25 pp with all the manual water sports and a cooler looking pool and bar !

all I read is we can kind of use both resort pools with the Sheraton day pass and the older kids or all may like the little slide a bit .. I just want a pool bar love just sitting in the water having drinks and good conversation

I know the Jintney is 1.25 pp each way so thats nice .. anyone done an excursion what is the snack???

What is the Jiteny and how does it work?:confused:

The #10 jitney is a small bus that runs the route from downtown to Cable Beach (There are others that run other routes as a public bus for the locals).

The #10 jitney runs every few minutes from 6am - 6:30pm and costs just $1.25 pp. They are independently owned, so there is no set schedule.. but they do run often.. I've never seen more than 3-4 minutes between jitneys.

Just tell the driver where you need to get off and pay them as you leave. Most drivers do not give change, so have the exact fare ready as you leave the bus.

we just came back from nassau on royal caribbean. right in the middle of spring break with many other ships docked that day. concerned that Sheraton would run out of day passes so we booked a day room ($99) through the 800# just in case - and the best part was: we could cancel it by 4pm THAT DAY so if we were able to get the day passes ($25 pp) we wouldn't need the room. We were a group of 9 so it was almost as cheap to take a taxi (van) for $25 rather than wait for a jitney ($1.50 pp). Nice beach. good snorkeling. Expensive lunch.

tasha how were the pools? it looks pretty nice ( I already know the food and drinks are pricey .. kinda goes with the resort thing :( )

were you able to check out or use the Wyndham pool as well? thats a cool idea the van/taxi since we are 8 .. may be worth it with 1 littler one and all the kids .. Think we may still try the Jitney as I want to experience a little of Nassau real life (if we were just going alone my family we would have been looking at People to People) but we are travailing with friends that have never vacationed or cruised before, so we figured they would like to experience a resort type day rather than history and exploring .. (what me and DW did our first time in Nassau was self tour and mingle as best we could :)

Distilled1,

we didn't use the pools. We had6 kids (ages 1, 11, 11, 13 and 15) and the 11-15 yr olds were at the beach snorkeling the entire time we were there - relatively large roped-off area (large enough for their age) and not too deep so they were able to snorkle (and see fish) without my worrying terribly about them out in the water alone. We didn't try to use the Wyndham but they told me when I asked, that you were not able to use the other hotel.

we just came back from nassau on royal caribbean. right in the middle of spring break with many other ships docked that day. concerned that Sheraton would run out of day passes so we booked a day room ($99) through the 800# just in case - and the best part was: we could cancel it by 4pm THAT DAY so if we were able to get the day passes ($25 pp) we wouldn't need the room. We were a group of 9 so it was almost as cheap to take a taxi (van) for $25 rather than wait for a jitney ($1.50 pp). Nice beach. good snorkeling. Expensive lunch.

My understanding about the day pass @ The Sheraton is that it's $25 per person. Now does this include a food voucher?

Also, is there any food included by doing the day room instead?

Archived