Venice Overnight Stop

account4fun

Hi - Our ship arrives in Venice at 9am on Sat and debarking is on Sunday. I assume we can come and go as we please during those hours or is there a curfew? Maybe this is a stupid question but I've never had an overnight port stop before :rolleyes:

We were on a Carnival ship a few years back and we just came and went as we pleased. Enjoy Venice, there is so much to see and do.

The people mover is an easy way to go from the port area to Piazza Roma. Then you can take a vaparetto up the canal, etc.

Your ship might even have water taxi's stop at the ship to take you back and forth from St. Marks.

Our ship docked about a black from St. Marks so it made it easy. Most ships though dock down at Maritime Port area which is a ways from the main tourist area.

Enjoy

Cheryl

you can come and go as you wish....you do not even have to return that evening if you don't want to! Enjoy Venice - we'll be there in September.

Would that apply to any ship? I am also overnighting in Venice the day before disembarkation. My TA is trying to tell me he's seeking permission from RCCL for us to get off at 6:00am the morning of disembarkation so that we can get our (pre-arranged) ride to the airport for our 9:40am flight. I'd seen others say we could come and go as we please, so I went ahead and booked that flight thinking that we could get off at whatever hour we wanted. I told him I didn't think we needed "permission" since we'll be docked overnight, and I'm sure since we'll be docked overnight other folks will also have an early-ish flight. I could be wrong though...

Edited by NC Mtn Boys

"The people mover is an easy way to go from the port area to Piazza Roma. Then you can take a vaparetto up the canal, etc."

True, the vaparetto is not a bad ride, but it takes about as long as walking.

Would that apply to any ship? I am also overnighting in Venice the day before disembarkation. My TA is trying to tell me he's seeking permission from RCCL for us to get off at 6:00am the morning of disembarkation so that we can get our (pre-arranged) ride to the airport for our 9:40am flight. I'd seen others say we could come and go as we please, so I went ahead and booked that flight thinking that we could get off at whatever hour we wanted. I told him I didn't think we needed "permission" since we'll be docked overnight, and I'm sure since we'll be docked overnight other folks will also have an early-ish flight. I could be wrong though...

You normally don't need permission to do self-disembarkation. Not sure how early your ship will start that process.

• 3 years later...

We'll be in Venice this summer and have an overnight there. (Arrive at 3pm, depart the next day at 7pm.) We're on Royal Caribbean and I asked this question on the RC forum a few weeks back. I was told that ship security works throughout the night and passengers can get off the ship and return at any hour.