Baggage Check

OolijayM

I've never cruised before and was wondering what we can bring in our baggage as far as alcohol. Are they strict when it comes to bringing our own bottle of wine on board or other types? A friend had told me when they took a cruise (10 years ago before 9-11), they witnessed young kids carrying on coolers filled with alcohol. I doubt they allow that anymore, but what is allowed or what can be done to get it on board? It was hard enough to get the money for this vacation, just thought there was a way to save some money. Please help if anyone knows.

Most cruiselines don't let you bring alcohol on board. In practice, though, what actually happens on each cruiseline varies.

Cruise Critic has boards dedicated to each specific cruiseline. If you want to know the policies and practices of any of the cruiselines, you should check out those specific boards.

You also might notice a topic just below on this very board asking a similar question, it's called Bringing Alcohol and you can click that link to read it.

Just got back from a 8 day cruise and I took a water bottle and filled it with rum. I had no problem with taking it. My carry on was not even checked, expect for the x-ray and to them it was just a bottle of water.

Archived