Kids club ages?

am2

Looking into Alaskan cruises for next summer- kids will be 8 and 10. Despite how often they fight with each other, I'm sure they'd be more comfortable being together in the kids club. From what I can gather, both Princess and HAL keep all kids ages 8-12 together. On both Celebrity and NCL they'd be in different groups. On those cruise lines, are the kids actually physically separated or are they in the same room but offered different activities? Do they do any activities together? I'm honestly not even sure how often they'll use the club, since my parents will likely be with us and we'll want to do all excursions together. But it would be nice for the days at sea.

Can't speak about NCL but on Celebrity they are separated into different areas within the same kids club, and do different activities, although they may well come across each other. Each age group has its own leader and they have their own schedule. But it's not like they are in different closed rooms far away from each other.

It also depends on the ship.... Millennium class ships have a ball pit/slide/play frame that is used by all the groups, but not at the same time.

Celebrity breaks the kids down into smaller groups... 3-5, 6-8, 9-11. However, depending on the number of kids on board and the personality and maturity level of the individual child, they are the most flexible when it comes to letting kids move into a different group. Our DD was allowed to go into the 9-11 group on the Eclipse when she was a month shy of 9. Most lines are extremely inflexible on this and only allow kids to move down a group, never up.

Archived