Are the cakes any good to order?

texasnana

How do you go about ordering one for the MDR? The day our cruise leaves is my Dad's 78th and would love to get him a cake at dinner the first night.

You can order them ahead of time via the link below:

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/Default.aspx?cat=Occasions+Cakes

or...you can order them from formalities once you get on the ship.

Can we order from Bon Voyage and then request to have it served in the MDR on the night of our anniversary?? This way, we can just share it with our table mates?

I am pretty sure I saw them available in the candy store too.... not sure if they are the same price or how that works.

We did the same a few times, it works well in the MDR because they will cover it and keep it for the week also, so you can have it with Ice Cream if you want, it is VERY filling, and GOOOOOOOODDDDDDDD

• 3 weeks later...

We love the Bon Voyage cake. My son likes the vanilla but I rank it as one of the best chocolate cakes ever. The free cake isn't very good. I'm cheap but this cake is worth a little extra cash. We haven't had the sugar free ones just the regular ones. I'll be ordering one soon for our next cruise.

I still dream of the chocolate cake... I ordered one for my son's 16th b-day he turned 16 the day we got off the ship so I had it delievered to dinner the last night. Of course we all had a small peice and took the rest back to the rooms. We where too full to finish it off. I was so sad to have to leave it behind.

I did not expect too much from it as I am not a big fan of the lido desserts. But this cake blew me away!

Archived