Grand Anse Beach Review (4/20/11)

Feelin' Nauti'

Have read conflicting reports on different threads. When one gets OFF the water taxi at Grande Anse.... should they head left or right to get to the uncrowed area of the beach (or does it matter)??

We went to the right, WAY down, past all of the umbrellas. The water taxi pier is more to the left side of the beach as you approach from the water.

• 3 weeks later...

I love Grand Anse Beach. I go there as a solitary woman and never feel like I am being hounded by the beach peddlers. I do get off the boat and turn to the right and keep walking a distance to just past the spice market and plunk my things down on the beach and have a pleasant, quiet day. Anse is one of the prettiest beaches in all the Caribbean, and I plan my cruises around being there several times a year. Go, it is really pretty.

I love Grand Anse Beach. I go there as a solitary woman and never feel like I am being hounded by the beach peddlers. I do get off the boat and turn to the right and keep walking a distance to just past the spice market and plunk my things down on the beach and have a pleasant, quiet day. Anse is one of the prettiest beaches in all the Caribbean, and I plan my cruises around being there several times a year. Go, it is really pretty.

You are one lucky lady then.

Cause the day we were there, we were approached by peddlers from the moment we arrived until we left. :cool: Or should I say until we got on the ship. :rolleyes:

As for the prettiest..I have been to at least a hundred or so Caribbean beaches...Yes Grand Anse is a nice beach...

IMG_1157.jpg

This is a great beach to find Sea Glass

This is where we were too. We were probably about 25 yards past the spice market. It was pretty quiet there. We only had one beach peddler approach us all day. It is a bit of a walk from the boat, but worth it for the peace and quiet!

What the first poster here said: that's exactly how three of us found Grenada to be some 15 years ago. Tried to get off a ship to have lunch is what appeared to be such a picturesque place. We walked a virtual gauntlet of vendors and purveyors of anything and everything; feeling like spinning tops, with no one understanding/accepting the word no. After some 150 feet and with no end to the harrassment in sight, we threw up our hands and returned to the ship for lunch. Haven't been back since, but we'll be there in November when we sail in/out of Grenada on the tall ship Diamant. Interesting to know not much has changed. Or maybe they're only all at the beach now. At least I'll be prepared.....

What the first poster here said: that's exactly how three of us found Grenada to be some 15 years ago. Tried to get off a ship to have lunch is what appeared to be such a picturesque place. We walked a virtual gauntlet of vendors and purveyors of anything and everything; feeling like spinning tops, with no one understanding/accepting the word no. After some 150 feet and with no end to the harrassment in sight, we threw up our hands and returned to the ship for lunch. Haven't been back since, but we'll be there in November when we sail in/out of Grenada on the tall ship Diamant. Interesting to know not much has changed. Or maybe they're only all at the beach now. At least I'll be prepared.....

SailorJM ~

Enjoy your sailing aboard the Diamante.

Please come back and let us know what your experience was like this time in Grenada.

Archived