reduced cabin rates

beachlady60

Can you get it if you booked thru a TA?

Be aware your TA may charge a change or cancellation fee which might negate some or all of the price drop. The good TA's don't. A lower price might also affect any bonuses you're currently receiving from the TA, such as OBC. This is fair, since the OBC offers are based on their commission, which will be lower.

To check for lower prices, go through the process of booking your cruise online at the Celebrity website. I bookmark mine on the page wherein you need to input if you're over 55, state of residency and so on, to save time, since I do it daily. Check for cabin categories above and below what you booked-- you might find a higher category that's now the same or close to what you were going to pay, or you might find a huge savings on a lower category.

If your booking was within about 48 hours of the price drop, Celebrity has their Best Price Guarantee. I won't go into the details unless you say this might apply in your case.

Some TAs will check for price drops automatically for you. Mine doesn't, but is otherwise excellent. Besides, I don't mind doing that little chore myself-- it's Happy Dance time when I find one!:):):)

Hi, I am new to the forums and to cruising (never cruised before). We are considering booking a Celebrity cruise departing in November. The price is fairly reasonable now but, never one to save a penny or two, I like the suggestion that Celebrity generally honour any price drops that occur before final payment is due.

I'm aware of the 48 hour price promise but would be interested to hear whether any UK passengers have booked through the UK Celebrity site and price reductions honoured outside the 48 hour period.

Hi, I am new to the forums and to cruising (never cruised before). We are considering booking a Celebrity cruise departing in November. The price is fairly reasonable now but, never one to save a penny or two, I like the suggestion that Celebrity generally honour any price drops that occur before final payment is due.

I'm aware of the 48 hour price promise but would be interested to hear whether any UK passengers have booked through the UK Celebrity site and price reductions honoured outside the 48 hour period.

I'm interested to know this too! Anyone got the answer??

Sue :D

Oops, should be never one to MISS saving a penny or two - it's a Yorkshire thing :D

I've just contacted Celebrity UK by phone and a lovely lady called Sarah confirmed that they will honour and refund almost all price drops. Around 10% of the time, however, they can't refund and these are those occasions where the reduced price is only on offer to those who book between given dates (usually a short timespan). Sarah informed me that they will refund in around 90% of cases which sounds great to me.

I've just contacted Celebrity UK by phone and a lovely lady called Sarah confirmed that they will honour and refund almost all price drops. Around 10% of the time, however, they can't refund and these are those occasions where the reduced price is only on offer to those who book between given dates (usually a short timespan). Sarah informed me that they will refund in around 90% of cases which sounds great to me.

That is certainly the case. I booked direct with Celebrity eons ago for 12night Solstice cruise out of Barca this Summer. Needed to book early to get the staterooms for my family. Across the 2 cabins booked, the price has (as followed by the Boards iro 2011 Med Cruises) dropped - in my case by £1500. Need to be on the ball on this though.

They have honoured the drop and I am feeling pleased that I did book direct with Celebrity (There are advantages and disadvantages to booking direct, in this particular respect some TAs honour the whole drop and others add charges etc). There is also the opportunity to check and see if better cabins are around for the same as or less than your original cost. As I mentioned this would not work for us, but may for others.

This is when it helps to be clued in and also on these boards!

Gook Luck

Bernie

Hi

Our cruise is in September and the category of cabin that we have is sold out . So I don't hold out too much hope of any OBC or reduction. We are hoping that the category above is ours reduced then we will upgrade.

Cheers

Scotslizzy

Archived