HELP! Passport card question

okwriter

Yep... it's much the same as passport but only good for land and sea travel. In the ports of call it will be your Sail & Sign card and a photo ID... either the pass card or a driver's license to return to the ship...

:)

Thanks, Mach. That's what I thought, but one of my cruise buddies (we leave for Galveston this morning) put a seed of doubt in my mind last night.

She has a passport card (that matches the name on her reservation) but it doesn't match her name on her driver's license. I told her she wouldn't need her DL anyway...but then I thought, "...or does she?" :)

I have both a card and book since I land cross into Canada a few time a year the card in my wallet is a lot easier then the book.

Yes I'll add to that, only need Passport card for closes loop cruise to register to board and as picture ID used in the Ports to get back on board.

Assuming that the passport card and cruise reservation is the legal name of this individual that would mean the drivers license is incorrect (outdated). I believe most states make it illegal to use a drivers license with an outdated name -- in other words go to the DMV and get a new license.

Archived