Splendor - PV departure time change

sbnuggie

Howdy folks,

For those of you sailing on the splendor in the next few months under the revised itinerary (through August I believe) check your itinerary online to see if your cruise lost an hour in Puerto Vallarta.

I've been watching the webcams past few weeks during arrival and departure at the ports just to confirm the times on the schedule matched PDT as I was getting conflicting info when last night i walked into my office and saw that the Splendor was pulling out of PV at about 915pm (PDT). I thought that odd as the past few weeks its been 10pm like the revised itinerary letter we got from Carnival back in March says PV is 9am to 10pm. I've attached the letter that everyone got that shows 9am - 10pm.

So today I went into our cruise manager and pulled up the booking and under the itinerary tab, sure enough, the time in PV has changed from 9am - 9pm, which means all aboard time since this is a non-tender port is probably 8:15pm or so. I wonder why they shorted us an hour and not tell us? Not that it's a huge issues. All the times are the same for Cabo FYI. I wonder if it just specific to a select few cruises or if all of them have changed through August. Again, not a huge issue but for those planning to stay late in PV, be aware your time of departure may have changed.

Revised Itinerary Letter from Carnival.pdf

It's been within the past week, for our cruise next week we have two cabins and two booking numbers. Due to technical issues I printed the fun passes/boarding pass/luggage tags for one of the booking numbers last week on 4/22/2011 and it still listed the 10pm departure. Today I was finally able to get the 2nd cabin/booking number to "complete" the fun pass (whole other issue) and I printed the fun passes/boarding pass/luggage tags just now and it has the new time on it, so it changed in the past week for unknown reasons.

• 2 weeks later...
Howdy folks,

For those of you sailing on the splendor in the next few months under the revised itinerary (through August I believe) check your itinerary online to see if your cruise lost an hour in Puerto Vallarta.

I've been watching the webcams past few weeks during arrival and departure at the ports just to confirm the times on the schedule matched PDT as I was getting conflicting info when last night i walked into my office and saw that the Splendor was pulling out of PV at about 915pm (PDT). I thought that odd as the past few weeks its been 10pm like the revised itinerary letter we got from Carnival back in March says PV is 9am to 10pm. I've attached the letter that everyone got that shows 9am - 10pm.

So today I went into our cruise manager and pulled up the booking and under the itinerary tab, sure enough, the time in PV has changed from 9am - 9pm, which means all aboard time since this is a non-tender port is probably 8:15pm or so. I wonder why they shorted us an hour and not tell us? Not that it's a huge issues. All the times are the same for Cabo FYI. I wonder if it just specific to a select few cruises or if all of them have changed through August. Again, not a huge issue but for those planning to stay late in PV, be aware your time of departure may have changed.

Thanks for the heads up. I had just looked at the itinerary but did not notice the time change. I wonder how many more changes until we sail 5-29.

• 2 weeks later...
Can you tell me what time the ship arrives in PV (PV time) and ship time? I'm trying to plan my day there and I'm getting conflicting reports about ship time and PV time.

Howdy,

Just got back home and saw your question. Had a great cruise, and yes indeed you will get conflicting information about times on the splendor. Thats why I started watching the webcam to just confirm as we made independant excursion plans.

First and Foremost, the times on the Itinerary published by Carnival is for Ship Time only.

Ship time stays on Long Beach Time during the entire cruise, so that is Pacific Daylight Time. (This is only during the Daylight Saving Time period Mar - Oct).

Puerto Vallarta is on Central Daylight Time which is 2 hours ahead.

Arrival into PV is 9am Ship Time/PDT or 11am PV Time/CDT.

Hope this helps.

Archived